Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CollegePanther

Source: Rb Mike Tolbert Visiting Carolina Panthers This Weekend

272 posts in this topic

I don't know what is so strange about this to people...

He started out in SD as a fullback then he transitioned to a situational back that they started to utilize more the longer he was there. He became less of a fullback and more of a halfback, but he can do both.

Like I said before, put him in the backfield with Cam and DWill or Stew, and the only thing hard to figure out is how to defend it. There shouldn't be these many questions over why we're interested.

1 person likes this

when it comes to talkin about our runningbacks, this site goes ape poo.

What's the word on the guy?

What's the word on the guy?

must resist

I don't know what is so strange about this to people...

He started out in SD as a fullback then he transitioned to a situational back that they started to utilize more the longer he was there. He became less of a fullback and more of a halfback, but he can do both.

Like I said before, put him in the backfield with Cam and DWill or Stew, and the only thing hard to figure out is how to defend it. There shouldn't be these many questions over why we're interested.

From what I read from SD fans, he did not play well at FB due to his bad blocking.

If Otah doesn't have one hellava 2012, can't see him being around.

Assuming he's healthy, I don't think that is a big stretch. Unfourantley his health is.

Tolbert would be a good pickup. God, I'm ready for the preseason to start.

I think Tolbert is a good back, but I don't think that he's better than D Will or Stew. I like Goodson also but not as a RB cause of his fumbling issues. I've read a lot of negativity bout D Will and don't get it. D Will have had the least amount of fumbles than all of the discussed RB's and better production. Stew did have a better year last year but compare the stats....they are both productive when used correctly and I'd like to keep them both.

I think Tolbert is a good back, but I don't think that he's better than D Will or Stew. I like Goodson also but not as a RB cause of his fumbling issues. I've read a lot of negativity bout D Will and don't get it. D Will have had the least amount of fumbles than all of the discussed RB's and better production. Stew did have a better year last year but compare the stats....they are both productive when used correctly and I'd like to keep them both.

Williams has been great.

But he is 29 and doesn't fit as well in a passing offense. That doesn't mean currently he isn't good....his window is short and this scheme plays against him. In this offense....there isn't a much of a gap between a Tolbert and Williams. Williams is a clear better runner but one who can't stay on the field as much

True, true...I can see that. I was excited when D Will was resigned, although I was surprised at the amount of the contract. Then after the season kicked off, I was confused as to why we wasn't using him as much. Stew is a much better pass catching RB than D Will. I jus look at fumbles more when it comes to the RB position.

Didn't believe it at first but starting too now....

Wether we lose Williams, Stewart, or Goodson, If we sign a player like Tolbert to lessen the blow, and factor Newton improving his passing ability,

I don't think it will strongly hurt this offense.