Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Source: Rb Mike Tolbert Visiting Carolina Panthers This Weekend

272 posts in this topic

Posted

Depends on his asking price.

Posted

i just want to thank f*** they're not standing pat at any position and open to getting rid of players who aren't bringing anything to the table.

Posted

But do you think we can afford all 3? Mike T wants more money than Mike G

Dwill's contact is what it is. Stew is still under a rookie contract.

Goodson's number is about 650k I think, maybe we save 500k if we release him?

The problem is is Hurney set the bar ridiculously high with DWill's contarct, would JStew re-up next year for any less?

Posted

Future doesn't look bright for D-will you mean.

Stewart is much easier to trade.

Posted

Dwill's contact is what it is. Stew is still under a rookie contract.

Goodson's number is about 650k I think, maybe we save 500k if we release him?

The problem is is Hurney set the bar ridiculously high with DWill's contarct, would JStew re-up next year for any less?

Can you repeat that end part please

SMH

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretending? Pretending is trying to compare DeAngelo and Tolbert in 2012 to the SD RBs back in the early 2000s.

DeAngelo will be 29 this year and if we add Tolbert he would be the 3rd best RB in this scheme. I get why Hurney did what he sis at the time despite disagreeing with it....hindsight however shows that DeAngelo is the Panther that Carolina should just admit is the one who should be the odd man out. I don't know how is contract was done....but if they can cut him and find some positive in that....that is the move if we part with Double Trouble.

Posted

I think we all should just let this play out before we panic. Who knows what the FO is thinking.

1 person likes this

Posted

Only difference is that trio in SD was all significantly younger

That's just plain wrong. LT was the same age then as Deangelo is now. Michael Turner was older then than Stewart is now.

Posted

Also, Stewart is the easier RB to trade. Newton would be easy to trade. Stewart is easier to trade bc he not only is the best RB for other teams but us as well

Posted

Pretending? Pretending is trying to compare DeAngelo and Tolbert in 2012 to the SD RBs back in the early 2000s.

DeAngelo will be 29 this year and if we add Tolbert he would be the 3rd best RB in this scheme. I get why Hurney did what he sis at the time despite disagreeing with it....hindsight however shows that DeAngelo is the Panther that Carolina should just admit is the one who should be the odd man out. I don't know how is contract was done....but if they can cut him and find some positive in that....that is the move if we part with Double Trouble.

It won't happen

Posted

Also, Stewart is the easier RB to trade. Newton would be easy to trade. Stewart is easier to trade bc he not only is the best RB for other teams but us as well

No, he is easier to trade bc he's in the last year of his contract

Posted

And re: Williams not being as good in this system: he averaged 5.4 fuging yards per carry and had more TDs than Stewart.

Don't let your emotions blind you to facts.