271 replies to this topic

#46 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,605 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

LT was 24 when he last played with Turner. LT at that time was in the middle of a career someone projected would make him the greatest RB of all time.

That guy.....is not comparable to a 29 year old DeAngelo.

WTF, Turner last played in SD year 2007, LT was 28 and a 7 year Vet.

#47 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,092 posts

Williams averaged over 2 more carries per game than stewart and at their rate per game that equates to about 25% more carries.

Snaps is different than rushing attempts. Stewart was on the field more bc the offense could do more with him. Go to Espn and read Pat Ys article

#48 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

You guys also have to realize we are becoming a passing team. We cant be 1st in rushing and passing...

#49 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

But I bet J Stew saw more snaps. They aren't just in there for running plays.

Yes, Stewart saw more snaps because he's not one-dimensional. Can you believe that? Our cheaper running back getting more snaps than our golden boy "Dolla Billz" Deangelo Williams. Deangelo's a fraud. He was exposed last season, and I hope we don't hold onto him just because of his ridiculous contract.

#50 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,951 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I don't understand getting the number 1 quarterback in the draft, then one season into our quarterback's career, trading the better receiving and pass blocking running back. Don't we want to be a passing team? I don't understand this.

I dont understand how in one season, our D fall so bad

#51 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Snaps is different than rushing attempts. Stewart was on the field more bc the offense could do more with him. Go to Espn and read Pat Ys article

Hence why I didn't say snaps, just pointing out the rushing difference, since that's a running backs main job.

#52 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Not sure how he was exposed, just doesn't fit the system as well. Still produced for his age.

Hence why I didn't say snaps, just pointing out the rushing difference, since that's a running backs main job.

But it looked like you were responding trying to dispute the notion that J Stew saw the field more. While it may be the main job of a RB there are 2 other facets that are big; pass blocking and receiving out of the backfield. Both of which Stewart excels at.

#53 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yes, Stewart saw more snaps because he's not one-dimensional. Can you believe that? Our cheaper running back getting more snaps than our golden boy "Dolla Billz" Deangelo Williams. Deangelo's a fraud. He was exposed last season, and I hope we don't hold onto him just because of his ridiculous contract.

Whether or not Stewart is a better all around back may be true, but calling Williams a fraud is laughable and makes you look retarded.

#54 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Deangelo can be a top 5 NFL RB. Lets not go that far..

#55 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,092 posts

Turner went to the Falcons in 2008. LT was born in 1979. Re-evaluate your math.

My bad. The booze from earlier is still messing with me. Not sure what I was thinking. Disregard my post.

#56 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

For the record, I wasn't comparing the talent level to the Chargers but merely stating that it seems like Rivera wants a similiar approach. No way Tobert will be as good as Turner. My comparisions were mainly in regards to the roles each back played

#57 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

My bad. The booze from earlier is still messing with me. Not sure what I was thinking. Disregard my post.

I did already, I knew it wasn't right to begin with but I figured plenty of people would call you out so I refrained. :D

#58 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Whether or not Stewart is a better all around back may be true, but calling Williams a fraud is laughable and makes you look retarded.

If he really deserved his contract, he wouldn't be playing backup to the cheaper running back.

Tha's how he's a fraud. He's clearly inferior in our coaches' eyes yet he's still going to get the benefit of the doubt.

#59 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

If we lose Stew I might cry..

#60 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

If he really deserved his contract, he wouldn't be playing backup to the cheaper running back.

Tha's how he's a fraud. He's clearly inferior in our coaches' eyes yet he's still going to get the benefit of the doubt.

He's not playing backup, he's playing his roll. We passed more than ran last year for the first time in a long time and Stewart was the pass protection back. Quit being stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.