#76 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

When you fumble the ball, you dont play, then you get released.

Adrian Peterson would like I word with you. lol

No, not comparing M. Goodson to AP.

I still want Mike Goodson gone.

#77 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

DeAngelo was NOT running the read option with Cam. He ran the pitch option with him....and with Stewart in the field. Difference.

You're right, I'm being retarded, sorry.

#78 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Stewart still has potential. I don't understand your point.

Re-signing him is not impossible, nor does anyone believe that.

No, not impossible. Unrealistic? yes. But since Stewart is a better running back, he will want a bigger contract than D-Will's. Can you imagine all that money going to one position?

#79 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,096 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

You're right, I'm being retarded, sorry.

It's cool. Blame it on St Pattys day booze. I did earlier

#80 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

It makes no sense to spend money on Tolbert if we weren't getting rid of Stewart or d-will. I don't like this one bit, if we trade Stewart.

#81 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

No, not impossible. But since Stewart is a better running back, he will want a bigger contract than D-Will's. Can you imagine all that money going to one position?

Hurney needs to man up and admit he made a mistake. He fuged up and paid the wrong running back and will need to swallow the cap hit and money lost from cutting Deangelo. He needs to make sure we don't hold onto an old wash-up simply because it's cost effective.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like Hurney at all. Good luck with your future Stewart. We're gonna miss you.

#82 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Jeeze what happened to trying to get a good corner on the market?

#83 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,570 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

If he really deserved his contract, he wouldn't be playing backup to the cheaper running back.

Tha's how he's a fraud. He's clearly inferior in our coaches' eyes yet he's still going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Wow you are stupid

#84 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

He is Goodsons replacement if you read anymore into this your either stupid or Joe Persons.

#85 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yada yada yada DWill this. Yada yada yada Stew this. Yada yada DWill. Yada yada Stew. Oh yeah, well yada yada. Oh no you didn't. Fing yada yada mfer. You guys slay me.

They are both Panthers. They are both extremely productive. (Contrary to belief, that is rare) And most of us are giddy at the prospect.

What could make you break that up? Somebody gives us a #1? A starting WLB and a 3rd? A quality #2 CB and a 2nd? Trade him to Detroit for a TE and a FS? Whomever you bring in had better be special. Cuz if he ain't, he is in for a beat down the likes he can barely fathom. You cannot replace special. and Stew is special. You hang on to special.

I would prefer to keep a player just reaching his prime.. A solid and consistant performer. A player considered top tier by most To me, a player of that caliber is difficult to find. Personally, I would find it difficult to part ways with that type of player. You would have to pry him from my cold dead hands, cuz he ain't goin' anywheres.But hey, that's just me.

We are not going to the Super Bowl. We are going to sniff success, and work on our holes. Next year has the potential to be the "Here we go" year. With the cap situation, we may be able to work a one year wheeler dealer type off-season. Which would position us to be very very scary. Just my imagination, paired with a grain of giddy, getting out of hand.

Bumped up my own giddy. Hot damm. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes there are teams with multiple RBs. But, let's be honest. They are rare. You still have to be able to run the ball. Balance. Balance. Balance. I do believe the phrase is Balance wins.

#86 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,991 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Will someone with actual football knowledge please make sense of all this.

#87 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

He is Goodsons replacement if you read anymore into this your either stupid or Joe Persons.

I've been waiting for someone to say something to this effect. Tolbert is 3rd string on our team. He is one dimensional. Maybe he should go to the Bucs and pair with Blount. Together, they make one good back.

STs, and the occasional screen pass is all he will get here. If, he takes our offer. He is fooling himself if he believes he will get starter money. Guys and their last contracts kill me. "I used to be yada yada, pay me mfer". Until it turns into June and he still has not signed. LOL

The sky is not falling, it is the limit. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#88 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Steve Reed@SteveReed_APTolbert could play FB and would serve as an insurance policy if they can't re-sign Jonathan Stewart, who has 1 year left on his deal.

----This is what makes sense to me. Some say he doesnt want to be a third back anywhere. Point is, if he comes here he will be. It aint about we will then trade DWill or Stew. Its about adding some insurance incase Stew leaves via FA or one of them get hurt. ----

#89 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,570 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Steve Reed@SteveReed_AP

Tolbert could play FB and would serve as an insurance policy if they can't re-sign Jonathan Stewart, who has 1 year left on his deal.

----This is what makes sense to me. Some say he doesnt want to be a third back anywhere. Point is, if he comes here he will be. It aint about we will then trade DWill or Stew. Its about adding some insurance incase Stew leaves via FA or one of them get hurt. ----

thats what I was thinking

#90 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

It's what everyone who isn't a cliff jumping mouthbreather has assumed from the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.