Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Legit Tolbert News

90 posts in this topic

I know it's not a popular opinion, and trust me that I don't want it to happen (I'm as big of a JStew fan as it gets), but picking up Tolbert and trading JStew (and no people, as great as JStew is, he's not getting us a first rounder...I'd say second at best) is a smart business decisions. Stewart is gonna cost a good bit of money. So as a business decision you have to weigh Stew's potential on this team vs the potential return you could get for him (or even replace him with...as in use the money on other players next year [although I'm completely against letting him walk]). Stew is an asset and rebuilding teams have to collect and cash in on all of their assets in order to rebuild to the highest level. Trading Stew would be the smart thing.

With all that said, I have no connections to the front office and no clue if this is what they're thinking. I would love if we could keep JStew. Just saying, as a business decision for a rebuilding team, cashing in on JStew is a smart decision.

Because the DWill contract was stupid, JStew is all we have to deal. I just do not see us splitting 25 carries per game among three backs.

Because the DWill contract was stupid, JStew is all we have to deal. I just do not see us splitting 25 carries per game among three backs.

Don't forget about Cam. He gets his friendly dose of carries as well.

i just can't think of a situation in which i'd rather have tolbert carry the ball over stew/dwill/cam

1 person likes this

Zero.

Thats a little high.

With all the talk about our RB's and adding/subtracting players... could you imagine all 4 (DWill, Stew, Tolbert, Cam) out there in a wildcat? LOL I know. just a dream. But wow!

I love JStew, but I don't think there's any realistic way that we can keep him on the roster next season. Getting Tolbert would be a good time to get some value out of Stewie while we still have the chance.

Will Stewie get a first, hell no. A second? Probably not, but maybe. Could he get a third round pick, which we could definitely use this year? Yeah, I think he could.

I know it's not a popular opinion, and trust me that I don't want it to happen (I'm as big of a JStew fan as it gets), but picking up Tolbert and trading JStew (and no people, as great as JStew is, he's not getting us a first rounder...I'd say second at best) is a smart business decisions. Stewart is gonna cost a good bit of money. So as a business decision you have to weigh Stew's potential on this team vs the potential return you could get for him (or even replace him with...as in use the money on other players next year [although I'm completely against letting him walk]). Stew is an asset and rebuilding teams have to collect and cash in on all of their assets in order to rebuild to the highest level. Trading Stew would be the smart thing.

With all that said, I have no connections to the front office and no clue if this is what they're thinking. I would love if we could keep JStew. Just saying, as a business decision for a rebuilding team, cashing in on JStew is a smart decision.

i hope that's what they're driving at

Triple Trouble?

double trouble plus Cam?

double trouble plus Cam?

No, Double trouble plus Mike Tolbert..

double trouble plus Cam?

Quadruple trouble?

Peyton Hillis signed w/Chiefs for 1yr $3mil, Tolbert is prob worth half that.

THIS. People need to quit freaking out that we're wasting cap space on a non-critical position. Reality is this is a cheap signing with potentially high dividends on offense and special teams and offers injury insurance at the position. And he will be cheap.

3 people like this

THIS. People need to quit freaking out that we're wasting cap space on a non-critical position. Reality is this is a cheap signing with potentially high dividends on offense and special teams and offers injury insurance at the position. And he will be cheap.

Well said