#46 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I believe Hogan will turn out to be a legend in nc. Lets hope he can stay healthy. I love tolbert coming here, just say it aint so about stew leaving. devistated.

#47 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

If they could work it to make Stewart, Williams, and Tolbert... that would be epic. Much like the Saints backfield with Thomas, Ingrim, Sproles. They've proven it works well.

#48 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...lace-paying-off

So does that definitely mean Pittsburgh can't do a player swap with a pick? If I recall, you could do something like that with a franchise tag. So what makes the tender different in that regard?

I know how the tender works, I just thought there were ways you can work around it, such as a player trade.

#49 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Peyton Hillis signed w/Chiefs for 1yr $3mil, Tolbert is prob worth half that.

#50 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,723 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I know it's not a popular opinion, and trust me that I don't want it to happen (I'm as big of a JStew fan as it gets), but picking up Tolbert and trading JStew (and no people, as great as JStew is, he's not getting us a first rounder...I'd say second at best) is a smart business decisions. Stewart is gonna cost a good bit of money. So as a business decision you have to weigh Stew's potential on this team vs the potential return you could get for him (or even replace him with...as in use the money on other players next year [although I'm completely against letting him walk]). Stew is an asset and rebuilding teams have to collect and cash in on all of their assets in order to rebuild to the highest level. Trading Stew would be the smart thing.

With all that said, I have no connections to the front office and no clue if this is what they're thinking. I would love if we could keep JStew. Just saying, as a business decision for a rebuilding team, cashing in on JStew is a smart decision.

Because the DWill contract was stupid, JStew is all we have to deal. I just do not see us splitting 25 carries per game among three backs.

#51 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Because the DWill contract was stupid, JStew is all we have to deal. I just do not see us splitting 25 carries per game among three backs.

Don't forget about Cam. He gets his friendly dose of carries as well.

#52 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

i just can't think of a situation in which i'd rather have tolbert carry the ball over stew/dwill/cam

#53 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,924 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Zero.

Thats a little high.

#54 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

With all the talk about our RB's and adding/subtracting players... could you imagine all 4 (DWill, Stew, Tolbert, Cam) out there in a wildcat? LOL I know. just a dream. But wow!

#55 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I love JStew, but I don't think there's any realistic way that we can keep him on the roster next season. Getting Tolbert would be a good time to get some value out of Stewie while we still have the chance.

Will Stewie get a first, hell no. A second? Probably not, but maybe. Could he get a third round pick, which we could definitely use this year? Yeah, I think he could.

#56 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,628 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I know it's not a popular opinion, and trust me that I don't want it to happen (I'm as big of a JStew fan as it gets), but picking up Tolbert and trading JStew (and no people, as great as JStew is, he's not getting us a first rounder...I'd say second at best) is a smart business decisions. Stewart is gonna cost a good bit of money. So as a business decision you have to weigh Stew's potential on this team vs the potential return you could get for him (or even replace him with...as in use the money on other players next year [although I'm completely against letting him walk]). Stew is an asset and rebuilding teams have to collect and cash in on all of their assets in order to rebuild to the highest level. Trading Stew would be the smart thing.

With all that said, I have no connections to the front office and no clue if this is what they're thinking. I would love if we could keep JStew. Just saying, as a business decision for a rebuilding team, cashing in on JStew is a smart decision.

i hope that's what they're driving at

#57 BuckNaked

BuckNaked

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Triple Trouble?

double trouble plus Cam?

#58 Hugo Roy

Hugo Roy

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

double trouble plus Cam?

No, Double trouble plus Mike Tolbert..

#59 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

double trouble plus Cam?

Quadruple trouble?

#60 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,790 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Peyton Hillis signed w/Chiefs for 1yr $3mil, Tolbert is prob worth half that.

THIS. People need to quit freaking out that we're wasting cap space on a non-critical position. Reality is this is a cheap signing with potentially high dividends on offense and special teams and offers injury insurance at the position. And he will be cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.