Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanceUSMC

Kendall Marshall Has A Broken Wrist

127 posts in this topic

Duct tape gentlemen, duct tape!

Fuggin Ohio fans - thinking their PG Cooper (who is good, no doubt) is better than Kendal Marshall. I really hope UNC wipes the floor with them, sans Marshall.

The team is scheduled to travel to St. Louis today. Here's hoping for the best.

Marshall is having surgery in the A.M. His father said if all goes well he might play on Fri....I honestly don't think he will but whatever. I had a friend at the game who said that the Creighton coach was screaming "Wrist Wrist" on the sideline. what kind of scumbag devotes a gameplan to try to intentionally hurt an opposing player?

Greg Willams - former NO Saint <_<

Duct tape gentlemen, duct tape!

UNC has plenty of money, they'd use superglue.

if we make it through this weekend, i believe we will win it all... This is definatly our biggest hurrdle.

uh ohhhh...

He got it taken off a few days early, so it's either looking really good or he don't care. If it was looking good, the main part of the healing process with the procedure he had is over. He'll be in a removable plastic splint the next few weeks, that he'll probably remove to play against NC st/Kansas.

).

He got it taken off a few days early, so it's either looking really good or he don't care. If it was looking good, the main part of the healing process with the procedure he had is over. He'll be in a removable plastic splint the next few weeks, that he'll probably remove to play against NC st/Kansas.

Just a few tidbits of supposition:

I guarantee he didn't have a cast on. Plaster splint (like a half cast) yes, cast no. Now likely in a removable plastizote (plastic) splint.

As far as playing football - quarterbacks and receivers would have a very tough time with playing after the surgery and likely wouldn't until the xrays showed the bone to be healed. Linemen are a different story.

Don Bynum is the UNC hand guy who did the surgery. Trained at Duke - residency and fellowship.

The team doc (Bobby Fraser, TJ Yates, Roy Williams) is Alex Creighton, who would likely communicate w/Bynum and Roy (and Tim Taft) about playing.

It does come down to what the Marshall family wants to do. I can't imagine any of the above medical staff would suggest that it's safe to play. Then again, it's up to the Marshalls to decide what to do with that info. A screw in the scaphoid does not make it stable in and of itself. A splint would not be enough additional support to protect if a fall occurred (or a hard contact or even a hard pass

if we make it through this weekend, i believe we will win it all... This is definatly our biggest hurrdle.

:blink:

My dad knows an orthopedist who is a big UNC fan, that guy said he doubted Kendall would be able to play this weekend, but maybe next. I know its not super-legit, because he isn't Kendall's doctor but that sounds pretty reasonable. We are going to need a huge weekend from Harrison Barnes if we want to advance. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, just realistic by saying that Kendall was our most important player. Not many teams can claim they won a national championship with their most important player sidelined the week before the sweet 16.