Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kendall Marshall Has A Broken Wrist

127 posts in this topic

Posted

That doesn't outweigh the negatives and it's about protecting a kid's future not winning now at all cost.

have to agree with C-A-T-S here. If Marshall could do life-changing damage to his wrist it is definitley, in no way possible, worth him playing.

Posted

Roy and UNC doctors wouldn't have Marshall play if it would jeopardize his future. Its a fractured wrist bone not the end of the world for his basketball future. Could be the end of Carolinas run this year though.

Posted

worst post ever.

I admit I was about 7 Coors into a case when I typed that, but I stand by it!

1. Plane

2. Crash

fug CREIGHTON

Posted

Roy and UNC doctors wouldn't have Marshall play if it would jeopardize his future. Its a fractured wrist bone not the end of the world for his basketball future. Could be the end of Carolinas run this year though.

^^

What he said

Posted

With the screw in place and the type of fracture he has, he can't really do anymore damage to the bone. That's what the screw is for, the type of surgery he had allows for a cast to be on for only 10 days. The only thing that will prevent him from playing is his level of pain tolerance.

Posted

Still think it's a bad decision to try and play. It sounds like his dad is all for him trying to come back and play. Supposed to protect your kid dad, not let him possibly do more damage to himself.

sounds like?

are you pulling your ear when you say that?

you (like all of us) have no clue what you are talking about.

show me the images, your MD, and the transcript of his father telling you that he wants Kendall to play in spite of known dangers to his son's well being in the future and then we'll talk.

Posted

A fractured wrist is not a big deal. I have had several with no lingering problems. Came back and raced motocross 2 weeks early with one. That's a bit more grueling than basketball, I assure you.

Posted

sounds like?

are you pulling your ear when you say that?

you (like all of us) have no clue what you are talking about.

show me the images, your MD, and the transcript of his father telling you that he wants Kendall to play in spite of known dangers to his son's well being in the future and then we'll talk.

Actually I am an MD, radiologist to be exact, so I've seen plenty of scaphoid fractures some of which didn't heal properly and resulted in necrosis. Have I seen Marshall's films? No, but I never said I did. About his father I was just going on someone's report here that his father said if everything went well with the surgery he could play on Friday. Being a dad myself I would be more concerned about my son's health than a championship. If the surgeon's give him an okay to play, I still would have reservations about it. Maybe I misconstrued his intention, that's just how I read into his comment, or more accurately someone's report of his comment.

So lighten up, Francis.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually I am an MD, radiologist to be exact, so I've seen plenty of scaphoid fractures some of which didn't heal properly and resulted in necrosis. Have I seen Marshall's films? No, but I never said I did. About his father I was just going on someone's report here that his father said if everything went well with the surgery he could play on Friday. Being a dad myself I would be more concerned about my son's health than a championship. If the surgeon's give him an okay to play, I still would have reservations about it. Maybe I misconstrued his intention, that's just how I read into his comment, or more accurately someone's report of his comment.

So lighten up, Francis.

Radiologist? Come on, any idiot is smart enough to run a radio station, I dont see why that makes you so special

Sorry, I couldnt resist trolling, and I always thought "radiologist" was a silly name

1 person likes this

Posted

Radiologist? Come on, any idiot is smart enough to run a radio station, I dont see why that makes you so special

Sorry, I couldnt resist trolling, and I always thought "radiologist" was a silly name

That's funny. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Posted

So lighten up, Francis.

well 1 out of 3 ain't bad

lots of MD's are weighing in. very few are actually familiar with the patient. even fewer people have been made aware of the prognosis if there even is one yet, and even less are making decisions about Marshall's PT.

Posted

AocfIJxCMAA_Qdj.jpg