#61 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

For those that don't know, Marshall is having the procedure I posted above. Where they make a small incision and insert a screw across the fracture.

Which means he's trying to get back out and play and the team is going to allow it, if he gets a DR.'s ok for it.

since the bone didnt displaced it's great news.

#62 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

So what if they played dirty? They were on a plane back to Nebraska.

As for State fans counting their Jayhawks before they hatch...I lulz at you. If anything Kansas is looking past the Wolfpack. You think they're worried about a team who gets a homecoming party just for making the Sweet 16?

#63 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

So what if they played dirty? They were on a plan back to Nebraska.

As for State fans counting their Jayhawks before they hatch...I lulz at you. If anything Kansas is looking past the Wolfpack. You think they're worried about a team who gets a homecoming party just for making the Sweet 16?

I'm not a state fan, but I think Kansas is in trouble. They haven't looked good so far and NC st. is playing really really well right now. As for the who cares if they played dirty or so what, they tried to take Henson out with dirty play and the play that broke Marshall's wrist was pretty bad as well. So I think UNC fans care because they took out UNC's most important player.

#64 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,919 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

After a lot of though, I honestly don't believe this will hurt the Heels that much. Everybody else has to step their games up though. Marshall may still be able to go anyways. As long as he can get some good passes off, that is all that matters. He has to play through it at this point. Maybe sit him Friday, but after that he is going to have to play.

#65 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

lol, so we're all just ready to roll over and die? Nice, no point for this guys to even go out and play anymore I guess. Pretty pathetic reaction to the injury.

You seem to have forgotten how terrible this team was with LDII. So somehow we're supposed to believe that Stillman White (a freshman) or Justin Watts will just step in and the train will keep running? Keep dreaming. It's not about rolling over and dying it's about facing facts and reality.

#66 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

I don't think I would try and rush back from a scaphoid fracture no matter how minimally invasive the surgery was. He has the potential to go pro so why risk that to play in this tournament? For most college kids, the NCAA tournament will be their pinnacle in basketball but some can go further, and Marshall probably will. I wouldn't risk a non-union or necrosis with early arthritis in my wrist to come back early from surgery. Even if people say you can resume activity after 10 days with this new surgery I bet none of those people were Division 1 athletes whose wrist took constant jarring from dribbling a basketball a few thousand times. Understand I'm a Duke graduate and want to see UNC lose but not at the expense of a 20 year old kids future.

#67 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

I don't think I would try and rush back from a scaphoid fracture no matter how minimally invasive the surgery was. He has the potential to go pro so why risk that to play in this tournament? For most college kids, the NCAA tournament will be their pinnacle in basketball but some can go further, and Marshall probably will. I wouldn't risk a non-union or necrosis with early arthritis in my wrist to come back early from surgery. Even if people say you can resume activity after 10 days with this new surgery I bet none of those people were Division 1 athletes whose wrist took constant jarring from dribbling a basketball a few thousand times. Understand I'm a Duke graduate and want to see UNC lose but not at the expense of a 20 year old kids future.

It was left up to him and his family, that was what he chose. The surgery works really well and when he's playing, he'll be in a modified removable plastic splint. The screw will fix the fracture. I hate it for Marshall, but his wrist will probably never completely heal 100% and it will always cause him pain.

#68 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,203 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

NCSU is going to eat Kansas' lunch.

ooopha

#69 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

You realize a creighton player didnt snap his wrist, he fell on it. Refs should lay down pillows for the heels. Stay classy carolina.

He fell on it? HE FELL ON IT!!!??

Classic Dook perspective. Just like when Hansbrough's nose spontaneaously erupted or people sneakily slip there faces under Laettners shoe.

He was SHOVED in mid air, watch the replay.

He was running full speed and at the height of his jump was forearmed in the ribcage and then the scumbag failplayer EXTENDS his arm, shoving Kendall head over heels.

#70 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

I doubt Roy will play him in the sweet 16 or elite 8, but there is a slim possibility that if we make it to the final 4 (huge if at this point) he plays a bit.

I will be interested to see this team play without him- its going to be one of the tallest teams in history. White is the only rotation guy under 6'6, and if Roy decides to start Watts that starting lineup would be huge.

#71 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

He fell on it? HE FELL ON IT!!!??

Classic Dook perspective. Just like when Hansbrough's nose spontaneaously erupted or people sneakily slip there faces under Laettners shoe.

He was SHOVED in mid air, watch the replay.

He was running full speed and at the height of his jump was forearmed in the ribcage and then the scumbag failplayer EXTENDS his arm, shoving Kendall head over heels.

No kidding. Nothing like a butt-sore, dooshy-doosh, dooker homeboy to supply us with a perspective no one else in the country would even consider palatable much less viable.

Next this assclown or one of his angry little brethren will tell us who the real victims are. Ala henderthug, I guess echenique, gibbs, and wragge are the real victims here.

lmao at the warped perspective of ANY dooker lurking around here

#72 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

You seem to have forgotten how terrible this team was with LDII. So somehow we're supposed to believe that Stillman White (a freshman) or Justin Watts will just step in and the train will keep running? Keep dreaming. It's not about rolling over and dying it's about facing facts and reality.

If the fuging tourny man. I suppose you had Norfolk St and Lehigh right?

Sorry but I'll choose to believe that these kids can get it done.

#73 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

the game will be different. 4 days to work it out. white has game and watts is serviceable

a much bigger role by Harrison will be needed and hey, why not? We can still block and post anyone up. Take away the transition basket advantage if you want and we still have a chance. This lineup can be good if only we had more time it could be great. We will just have to see who laces 'em up and gets their head right and see what ol' Roy has up his sleeve. This possibility has been a turned ankle from reality since Strickland went down. Something tells me there are some protocols in place already and this isn't something that Roy simply has not given any thought.

#74 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Marshall's father wrote on Twitter on Monday afternoon that Kendall was coming off the anesthesia, and "all Kendall keeps asking for is his teammates.

https://twitter.com/.../Tigerstyle1972

Sounds like it went over well. Glad for the young man, but I still don't think he should try and play on Friday.

#75 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Well, the fact that he had the surgery within 24 hours tells you that he's intending to play if at all possible... Now, it can certainly be debated as to whether or not he SHOULD, or how effective he will be... But at this point, we know he's aiming to be on the court in a week...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.