• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#91 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

A fractured wrist is not a big deal. I have had several with no lingering problems. Came back and raced motocross 2 weeks early with one. That's a bit more grueling than basketball, I assure you.

#92 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

sounds like?

are you pulling your ear when you say that?

you (like all of us) have no clue what you are talking about.

show me the images, your MD, and the transcript of his father telling you that he wants Kendall to play in spite of known dangers to his son's well being in the future and then we'll talk.

Actually I am an MD, radiologist to be exact, so I've seen plenty of scaphoid fractures some of which didn't heal properly and resulted in necrosis. Have I seen Marshall's films? No, but I never said I did. About his father I was just going on someone's report here that his father said if everything went well with the surgery he could play on Friday. Being a dad myself I would be more concerned about my son's health than a championship. If the surgeon's give him an okay to play, I still would have reservations about it. Maybe I misconstrued his intention, that's just how I read into his comment, or more accurately someone's report of his comment.

So lighten up, Francis.

#93 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Actually I am an MD, radiologist to be exact, so I've seen plenty of scaphoid fractures some of which didn't heal properly and resulted in necrosis. Have I seen Marshall's films? No, but I never said I did. About his father I was just going on someone's report here that his father said if everything went well with the surgery he could play on Friday. Being a dad myself I would be more concerned about my son's health than a championship. If the surgeon's give him an okay to play, I still would have reservations about it. Maybe I misconstrued his intention, that's just how I read into his comment, or more accurately someone's report of his comment.

So lighten up, Francis.

Radiologist? Come on, any idiot is smart enough to run a radio station, I dont see why that makes you so special
Sorry, I couldnt resist trolling, and I always thought "radiologist" was a silly name

#94 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Radiologist? Come on, any idiot is smart enough to run a radio station, I dont see why that makes you so special
Sorry, I couldnt resist trolling, and I always thought "radiologist" was a silly name

That's funny. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

#95 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

So lighten up, Francis.

well 1 out of 3 ain't bad

lots of MD's are weighing in. very few are actually familiar with the patient. even fewer people have been made aware of the prognosis if there even is one yet, and even less are making decisions about Marshall's PT.

#96 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Posted Image

#97 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

If the surgeon says he is good to go, they would know best. I'm simply weighing a possible future worth millions in the NBA versus a possible NCAA championship. He might play and do absolutely fine with no negative outcome, but why risk it? But none of our opinions mean anything really. Up to Marshall, his family and his doctors.

#98 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

If the surgeon says he is good to go, they would know best. I'm simply weighing a possible future worth millions in the NBA versus a possible NCAA championship. He might play and do absolutely fine with no negative outcome, but why risk it? But none of our opinions mean anything really. Up to Marshall, his family and his doctors.

xactly.

I am never worried about Roy pushing a guy to come back early. It just won't happen. If KM is done for the year, fine. I have every confidence in White. It will be a different team but it will be fun to watch them.

#99 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Somewhere I read a report that the surgery is 80% more likely to heal quickly and effectively if they used a philips head screw versus flat head.

#100 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

screw that, they should have riveted that sucker back together!

#101 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Duct tape gentlemen, duct tape!

#102 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Fuggin Ohio fans - thinking their PG Cooper (who is good, no doubt) is better than Kendal Marshall. I really hope UNC wipes the floor with them, sans Marshall.

The team is scheduled to travel to St. Louis today. Here's hoping for the best.

#103 Fade2BlackAndBlue

Fade2BlackAndBlue

ICE UP SON

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationStanley NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Marshall is having surgery in the A.M. His father said if all goes well he might play on Fri....I honestly don't think he will but whatever. I had a friend at the game who said that the Creighton coach was screaming "Wrist Wrist" on the sideline. what kind of scumbag devotes a gameplan to try to intentionally hurt an opposing player?

Greg Willams - former NO Saint <_<

#104 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,695 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

uh ohhhh...

Kendall Marshall@KButter5
Cast off!

#105 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,490 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Duct tape gentlemen, duct tape!

UNC has plenty of money, they'd use superglue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com