Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akaseinfeld

Panthers Agree With Tolbert On 4 Year Deal

422 posts in this topic

I'd love to see how this convo went down with hurney and some of you as coaches. So mike we see what you did in a chargers uniform as a starter and we'd like to offer you a nice pay cut from what you could be getting and a nice warm bench spot. You could be our new brockel.You saw that one play where we did that thing right? How's that sound?

2 people like this

Damn, what a surprise. I didn't think RB was a position of need.

Rumor that John Fox just checked into a Denver area hospital. After hearing we now have Deangelo, JStew, Tolbert, and Cam...he's had a boner for more than 4 hours.

FO is on a roll...................great signing.

Damn, what a surprise. I didn't think RB was a position of need.

it's not...........this year.

Sigh..

think special teams...

Not sure what to think

fullback is the only thing i can think of

I

could be, just wait and see how the season plays out with all 3, then make the decision. But it is good to see that the Panthers will not be put in the same "peppers position" again. And DWill can always restructure, so I'm sure JS and DW will be talking business a lot this season.

If we don't do something by July we have no leverage. If we wait until after the season then he is a free agent and can go anywhere. If we use the franchise tag on him then we are saying we will pay him 8 million for one year which is usually a lot more cap space then you would have if we signed a long term deal. And he could do what Peppers did which was not sign the tag so we couldn't trade him. I really think that we will try and get something done this year.

wtf is going on? That's a loaded backfield.

Damn i just watched a highlight reel of him on youtube. That dude is crazy fast for his weight (espically in the backfield). Love the move.