Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akaseinfeld

Panthers Agree With Tolbert On 4 Year Deal

422 posts in this topic

That rediculous d-will deal. Stewy is the man and now we can't afford him. All I can do is shake my head.

also Hurney is a stubborn bastard when it comes to guys he drafted. Example a) Clausen (reports are Hurney still thinks he could be good- I think Gantt said that) I HIGHLY doubt he is looking to move one of his better draft picks and a first rounder no less in Stew

......but maybe I'm just reassuring myself

trade Stewart for a D-lineman?

Draft David DeCastro and Lavonte David?

BONER.

Yes a guard in the top ten. Just what we need.

Let me shed some wisdom with the Tolbert signing. If we can't get a first rounder (and I personally wouldn't do it unless it was a high first rounder) for Stewart, no way do we trade this cat. I rather have Stewart with this backfield (what team can say they have three great runners?) for one year, than to trade him for a third rounder, and we select another Fua with the pick. If we learned anything with Hurney, he is only great with first round picks. After that, he's hit and miss.

By the way, if this three back field we have right now is great this year, I'm 400% sure D-Will will restructure his contract to keep this thing alive for the long run. The average career for RB is four years. It's possible for us to keep this backfield going for years to come, making RB history in terms of health! So let's make history, not trade away history for another Sione Fua. (I love you Sione!)

The bigger question is whether this has been in the works since before Williams signed his deal when Stewart wouldn't negotiate. It isn't whether we want Stewart but does he want us??

For those of you youtube impared

Didn't see this one coming

Tolbert is a big boy, 5'9 247.

It does look like Stewart is on the trading block, possibly for a 3rd rounder.

IF Stewart wants to be here and signs long-term then this could be just a Goodson move or to prepare for post Williams. But I think his deal will have to get done this year not next.

Tolbert could be a starter on other teams, I doubt he agreed to sign with carolina unless he was going to get the ball alot. I dont see him just being the fullback. With Cam running the ball as much as he does, there will not be a great deal of touches for stewart, dwill, and tolbert. Someones getting traded.

Trade stewart to the Browns and swap draft picks in the process, all the while we grab claiborne. I can dream right???

Highly doubt he turned down more money just to come here and be a #3.