• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#136 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Trading J-stew would be hard to do imo, the market for RB's is scarce. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder.

i wonder where he would rank amongst other rookie rb's in this draft - would teams have richardson more valuable or anyone else? i dont think we entertain too many trade options with Stewart this year, I think we plan on having him contribute big time this year. Right now, next year is next year.

#137 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

surprised no one has speculated Stewart reuniting with Fox for The Golden Calf of Bristol as Cam's backup

#138 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Why do people think Williams will restructure? That means we shift some of his 2013 money onto 2014 and 2015. His salary bonus costs us 3.2 million every year which won't change. So next year if he converted some of his 4.75 salary to a signing bonus then he would still cost us 5 or 6 million next year instead of 7.75 million but his signing bonus money would be over 4 million and his cap hit for 2014 and 2015 would exceed 10 million. If you say then we would cut him, he would cost 10 million in dead cap space to cut which even as a June 1 cut would cost us 5 million for 2 years of dead space. Would you restructure for a signing bonus of 3 million if it virtually assured you would be cut the following year? Even if he agreed to lower his salary in 2014 or 2015 his 3.2 million in signing bonus cap every year would continue.

If we trade him the signing cap money escalates which this year is 14.6 million (9.6 cap and 5 million guaranteed), next year is 9.6 million, in 2014 it is 6.4 million and in 2015 will be 3.2 million.

#139 DFive

DFive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

People need to calm down with all this "trading Stew or D. Will" talk. Its NOT going to happen. Remember when the Panthers took J. Stew in the first round once D. Will got named starter? Everyone was freaking out thinking DeAngelo was gone but no one could have predicted that our running game was going to be the best in the NFL that following season. People also fail to realize that this team had 3 rushers last season. D.Will, J.Stew and CAM! Having Tolbert just adds more insurance in case any one of the Double Trouble goes down, and keeps Cam from having to take all those unnecessary hits. Plus, having a FB is awesome for a running game. RB have their best seasons when they have a FB blocking for them. So everyone needs to calm down, sit back and watch the show our offense is going to put on this coming season. I can't wait to watch firsthand the Panthers v. Chargers game this season. It's gonna be epic!

#140 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

whew .. I feel better .. don't expect Stewart trade!

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

#141 Cold Cat

Cold Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

hum, not sure about this. I'll have to see how it plays out.

#142 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,049 posts

Joe Person @josephperson

What does Mike Tolbert signing mean for CAR 'Double Trouble' backfield? Sources don't expect Jonathan Stewart trade.

Can we shut up now?

#143 DFive

DFive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

People need to calm down with all this "trading Stew or D. Will" talk. Its NOT going to happen. Remember when the Panthers took J. Stew in the first round once D. Will got named starter? Everyone was freaking out thinking DeAngelo was gone but no one could have predicted that our running game was going to be the best in the NFL that following season. People also fail to realize that this team had 3 rushers last season. D.Will, J.Stew and CAM! Having Tolbert just adds more insurance in case any one of the Double Trouble goes down, and keeps Cam from having to take all those unnecessary hits. Plus, having a FB is awesome for a running game. RB have their best seasons when they have a FB blocking for them. So everyone needs to calm down, sit back and watch the show our offense is going to put on this coming season. I can't wait to watch firsthand the Panthers v. Chargers game this season. It's gonna be epic!

#144 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Joe Person@josephperson
What does Mike Tolbert signing mean for CAR 'Double Trouble' backfield? Sources don't expect Jonathan Stewart trade.

Can we shut up now?

don't expect means they aren't doing it for anything less than a second or first rounder, which isn't happening

#145 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Sources don't expect a stewart trade. Says nothing about Dwill though

#146 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

well nobody is going to willingly trade for DWill so everybody can shut up now

#147 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,981 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

Should help cut down on Cams carries and keep him injury free.

#148 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

whew .. I feel better .. don't expect Stewart trade!

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

wait... how did you go from the article to not expecting a trade... it clearly said they may trade stewart before he enters the final year of his contract?

#149 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,356 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Person's "sources", are the janitorial staff at BOA.

#150 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

wait... how did you go from the article to not expecting a trade... it clearly said they may trade stewart before he enters the final year of his contract?

it also says a trade HIGHLY unlikely .. IMO they signed Tolbert to make up for the absence of Shockey in the offense (and no I'm not saying he'll be playing TE lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.