#46 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Well, I sure as Hell HOPE and PRAY that we keep all 3. It will provide depth at the position in the event of an injury.

I'm hoping it's Goodson, I mean I love they guy, and he's done everything that we have asked for him to do, but Tolberts just waaaay better.

Most exciting part: He left $1million on the table to come and play HERE!! This is a great sign.

It would really kill me to lose either DeAngelo or J-Stew. I don't see how or why we'd get rid of any of them. Think about how young they all are. Splitting carries could extend all of their careers over the next four years. Williams may be 30 next year, but he doesn't have the wear and tear of a normal 30 yr old RB.

Praying that this is as awesome as I think it is, and that all these people calling for trades and or cuts are just the dumb morons that I think they are.

#47 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

What sucks is that this only makes a bit of sense if they trade Stewart and I'd hate to see him go. Trade Stewart and maybe find a way to trade up for someone they like such as Claiborne or Blackmon?

#48 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,542 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

person makes it sound like Tolbert is insurance if we can't resign Stew next year.....oh boy

https://twitter.com/...766098918715392

That is exactly what it is. Rumor was Stewart was not willing to sign last year. We saw this play out with Peppers. This time they are likely not going to do nothing. Either Stewart signs this off-season or signals he seriously wants to stay. If he doesn't and it appears he is gone, then we are better off getting something for him versus nothing. Tolbert just guarantees we have some leverage now.

#49 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

What sucks is that this only makes a bit of sense if they trade Stewart and I'd hate to see him go. Trade Stewart and maybe find a way to trade up for someone they like such as Claiborne or Blackmon?

I was thinking the same thing. The Browns need a RB.

#50 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

So could this be one of the biggest FA pickup in Panthers history? History shows the Panthers don't dabble in high profile FA's too much.

#51 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,219 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Hopefully this is good bye Hurney, or the beginning.

#52 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,565 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

That is exactly what it is. Rumor was Stewart was not willing to sign last year. We saw this play out with Peppers. This time they are likely not going to do nothing. Either Stewart signs this off-season or signals he seriously wants to stay. If he doesn't and it appears he is gone, then we are better off getting something for him versus nothing. Tolbert just guarantees we have some leverage now.

Yes, among other things, this does provide leverage in working out a deal with Stewart.

#53 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Ima be whoopin ass on madden next year

#54 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,834 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Person's scenario is the part that scares me. I'm starting to get the feeling that Stew wants to start elsewhere and will leave. I actually tweeted him last week asking for confirmation of him saying that he wanted to stay a Panther before and he never responded. Now, I'm in no position to expect an answer, but the original tweet he stated this in was in response to a fan IIRC.

Combine that with the recent number of people coming on here and claiming to know that he wants out when his contract up and it just seems a little bothersome.

#55 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with a trade but alot would depend on the specifics. If we could trade Stew for a top 5 pick, nobody would be upset but if we dumped him for a 3rd rounder, or something, that would be terrible. Hopefully we don't move anybody unless its a deal we can't refuse.

#56 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

I want to see the details of the contract. Why are we wasting the few peanuts we do have for a "3rd" RB. Money could be well spent in other areas.

because peanuts can't be spent on a CB. They're too expensive in free agency and too much of a risk.

Hurney be playing madden with our offense though. All we need is Garay, and I'll be good.

#57 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,357 posts

to be clear, I don't think the Panthers will do anything this year regarding Stew or D-Will, however, it would be pretty retarded of us to not pull out all the stops to try to sign Stewart next year, even if that means cutting my beloved Deangelo. Stewart is 24, and by all accounts, looked like a better running back last year. If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart became our starter next year, both to show him we are committed to him as our number one in the future and to get the most out of him should he leave.

#58 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Well he "left a million on the table" or whatever because he likes our offense so much... But would he give up a million to be a 3rd stringer, not to mention Cam running it often?

That's pretty crazy to have 3 starting caliber backs on a team with a running QB and a spitfire passing offense.

#59 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,990 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

I

could be, just wait and see how the season plays out with all 3, then make the decision. But it is good to see that the Panthers will not be put in the same "peppers position" again. And DWill can always restructure, so I'm sure JS and DW will be talking business a lot this season.

#60 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

to be clear, I don't think the Panthers will do anything this year regarding Stew or D-Will, however, it would be pretty retarded of us to not pull out all the stops to try to sign Stewart next year, even if that means cutting my beloved Deangelo. Stewart is 24, and by all accounts, looked like a better running back last year. If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart became our starter next year, both to show him we are committed to him as our number one in the future and to get the most out of him should he leave.

we got that franchise tag in our back pocket just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.