• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#106 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Tolbert could be a starter on other teams, I doubt he agreed to sign with carolina unless he was going to get the ball alot. I dont see him just being the fullback. With Cam running the ball as much as he does, there will not be a great deal of touches for stewart, dwill, and tolbert. Someones getting traded.

#107 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Trade stewart to the Browns and swap draft picks in the process, all the while we grab claiborne. I can dream right???

#108 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Highly doubt he turned down more money just to come here and be a #3.

#109 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

I don't think Tolbert was brought in to be a RB. I think they are trying to create a perminant solution to the H-Back mismatch that they were using all the time last year(playing a TE in the backfield). He has the size to be a good blocker as a FB, and on passing downs he has shown that he can catch the ball well out of the backfield. He was a backup last year and still ended up with 422 yards receiving. Once we find out how much money he costs, we will get some clarity as to what role is going to play. Less than 2 mil/year, Fullback, anything more may be the signal that Stewart might be out the door.

#110 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,279 posts

Let me shed some wisdom with the Tolbert signing. If we can't get a first rounder (and I personally wouldn't do it unless it was a high first rounder) for Stewart, no way do we trade this cat. I rather have Stewart with this backfield (what team can say they have three great runners?) for one year, than to trade him for a third rounder, and we select another Fua with the pick. If we learned anything with Hurney, he is only great with first round picks. After that, he's hit and miss.

By the way, if this three back field we have right now is great this year, I'm 400% sure D-Will will restructure his contract to keep this thing alive for the long run. The average career for RB is four years. It's possible for us to keep this backfield going for years to come, making RB history in terms of health! So let's make history, not trade away history for another Sione Fua. (I love you Sione!)

400%? Seems high.

Why do you think Stewart isn't willing to renegotiate his contract and is holding out until his big payday? They are going to do what is best for them. This business for them. You think Wharton left bc he though going forward late in his career he could find a better pony than Cam? These guys are looking out for themselves.....there kids.....and there kids kids.

Too often people assume players are going to make sacrifices for the team. Look at Brees....with all the absurd cash he is being offered is he trying to do a Saints friendly deal?

#111 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

doubt that, likely one of the RB's would be a TE, and the one RB position would be Stew and D-Will interchanging

I was thinking more along the lines of the Notre Dame Box

Posted Image

http://www.sundaymor...10/12/18385/904

#112 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,763 posts

so much whining in here.

tolbert is going to be taking the place of goodson and probably the FB and he also brings another ST stud. dude has been a leader in ST tackles on the charger for several years.

if we can't re-sign stewart next year we have options.

btw...if we can't re-sign stewart, it won't be because of williams contract or money. they'll find a way to keep him around if he wants to....which he may not.

no sense in panicking or having a melt down.

this is a good thing.

if you're wondering how this fits into the offense....remember we have one of the most aggressive, progressive and innovative OCs in the league. expect some very cool things from this backfield and offense that teams won't be prepared for.

#quitcherbitchin

#113 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

so much whining in here.

tolbert is going to be taking the place of goodson and probably the FB and he also brings another ST stud. dude has been a leader in ST tackles on the charger for several years.

if we can't re-sign stewart next year we have options.

btw...if we can't re-sign stewart, it won't be because of williams contract or money. they'll find a way to keep him around if he wants to....which he may not.

no sense in panicking or having a melt down.

this is a good thing.

if you're wondering how this fits into the offense....remember we have one of the most aggressive, progressive and innovative OCs in the league. expect some very cool things from this backfield and offense that teams won't be prepared for.

#quitcherbitchin

thank you for posting this.

#114 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,000 posts

Cincy needs a back. They have the cap space and picks this year. We need to trade Dwill for whatever they are willing to part with. We have to keep stewart

#115 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

So could this be one of the biggest FA pickup in Panthers history? History shows the Panthers don't dabble in high profile FA's too much.

Oh my god what is this poo

#116 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

As much as i want Cam to score more rushing TD's in the redzone, they need to keep him from getting hit so much. This move will compliment that i think.,

#117 rcaddell23

rcaddell23

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!

Trade stewart to the Browns and swap draft picks in the process, all the while we grab claiborne. I can dream right???

#118 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,685 posts

I like this pickup, i like it a lot. It also shows our FO has a plan. We may not currently know what that plan consist of, but they do have one. I personally think JS will be a Panther for the '12-'13 season.

Our offense was at its best this year when our running game was clicking.

#119 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

Maybe we should pickup The Golden Calf of Bristol. I mean our ground attack could be even better.

Imagine...

Cam, The Golden Calf of Bristol, Williams, Stewart, Tolbert all on the field at the same time.

We could call the formation the Delorian.

That was sarcasm.

#120 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

lol

Maybe we should pickup The Golden Calf of Bristol. I mean our ground attack could be even better.

Imagine...

Cam, The Golden Calf of Bristol, Williams, Stewart, Tolbert all on the field at the same time.

We could call the formation the Delorian.

That was sarcasm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.