#121 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,835 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

As long we keep Jstew I ain't even mad. Dwill's contract is front loaded which means depending on the size of this contract with Tolbert we may be able to resign Jstew next year through a restructured Dwill contract. Remember people we aren't GM's or NFL financial consultants. Lets leave it the professionals and pray that Hurney doesn't actually have autism... Also this means Mike "Butterfingers" Goodson will most likely had his last season in Carolina.

#122 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

San Diego - home of the NFL minor league system.

Once their talent "arrives", it leaves.

#123 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

I wonder who would be willing to trade for Goodson...

#124 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

400%? Seems high.

Why do you think Stewart isn't willing to renegotiate his contract and is holding out until his big payday? They are going to do what is best for them. This business for them. You think Wharton left bc he though going forward late in his career he could find a better pony than Cam? These guys are looking out for themselves.....there kids.....and there kids kids.

Too often people assume players are going to make sacrifices for the team. Look at Brees....with all the absurd cash he is being offered is he trying to do a Saints friendly deal?

Stewart will be the highest paid running back on this team next year. DeAngelo knows he's getting older, so that is why I'm sure he will restructure his deal to give Stewart the most money. Two years of making good money on a deal he was overpaid to begin with, yeah, I'm 400% sure D-Will "will" restructure his contract.

#125 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

I still think we should trade stewart to a team with a higher draft than us. We still have #9. Even trade/swap of draft picks and we get Claiborne. Best of both worlds.

#126 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well, well, well, Hurney actually did something big. Congrats.

That said, we're a passing team. Having three starting RBs is fishy, no matter what Chud can do.

Tolbert said he liked the FIT here. No one wants to be a FB when they were just a RB.

If people feel we may not be able to sign Stewie next season, may as well trade him now.

It's about to get interesting.

#127 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,299 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

one thing to consider for all you "didn't the panthers get the memo that this is a passing league" people...

most teams are building defenses around that concept that this is a passing league. most of their energies are going towards trying to stop that. fine. what happens with that, though, is that they become weaker against a power running game.

i expect this run game to be relentless and something that teams will have to work hard to prepare for to defend against. also, with a deep passing game such as the one we have, this makes them really spread their defenses thin. who are they going to concentrate on? cam's deep ball to smith or gettis? or are they going to try and stack the box against cam and 2 or 3 other ball carriers on the field at the same time...and then we have lafell, olsen, barnidge/shockey....seriously this offense is getting ready to become an even bigger nightmare.

i think we do add another WR at some point, probably through the draft but considering how talented and deep this class is we should be able to get a quality one without giving up too much.

#128 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

I still think we should trade stewart to a team with a higher draft than us. We still have #9. Even trade/swap of draft picks and we get Claiborne. Best of both worlds.

That just seems like too much. There's a chance Claiborne could fall to our pick, and if he doesn't, there's still good corners in the draft.

#129 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

I would like to know specifically what Hurner/Rivera/Chud told Tolbert what his role would be here that made him want to come here. He came in the league as a fullback, got a taste of the glory of a HB, is he willing to go back to the dirty hands of a fullback?

#130 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Well, well, well, Hurney actually did something big. Congrats.

That said, we're a passing team. Having three starting RBs is fishy, no matter what Chud can do.

Tolbert said he liked the FIT here. No one wants to be a FB when they were just a RB.

If people feel we may not be able to sign Stewie next season, may as well trade him now.

It's about to get interesting.

We shouldn't count out Chud's ability to have a good running game. In 2007, Chud revived Jamal Lewis' career for a bit. Last year, I feel they wanted Cam to get as much experience passing the ball as humanly possible. This year, we are actually going in with a game plan, now that we have an off season to prepare.

#131 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

one thing to consider for all you "didn't the panthers get the memo that this is a passing league" people...

most teams are building defenses around that concept that this is a passing league. most of their energies are going towards trying to stop that. fine. what happens with that, though, is that they become weaker against a power running game.

i expect this run game to be relentless and something that teams will have to work hard to prepare for to defend against. also, with a deep passing game such as the one we have, this makes them really spread their defenses thin. who are they going to concentrate on? cam's deep ball to smith or gettis? or are they going to try and stack the box against cam and 2 or 3 other ball carriers on the field at the same time...and then we have lafell, olsen, barnidge/shockey....seriously this offense is getting ready to become an even bigger nightmare.

i think we do add another WR at some point, probably through the draft but considering how talented and deep this class is we should be able to get a quality one without giving up too much.

i agree, i expect us to have one of the top rushing teams next season, like 04 Falcons numbers - just more capable to pass.

#132 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Where's TRD to troll us by saying this move proves the Panthers aren't confident in Cam?

#133 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

our pass game was most effective last season at the beginning of the year when teams fully expected us to run, then Cam proved he can pass like a champ and wala- the run game opened up!

#134 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Trading J-stew would be hard to do imo, the market for RB's is scarce. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder.

#135 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,973 posts

Still doesn't change the fact rules are designed to make passing easier. Doesn't change the fact we should be investing in stopping opposing pass attacks.....and we still aren't.

If you stack the box to defend the run in heavy run formations....it plays against Cam's unique mismatch appeal and forces him to be more accurate. Goes back to putting a lot of pressure on the receivers not named Smitty to produce.

Carolina ran very efficiently when teams played the pass later in the year.....so really, the pass setup efficient running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com