115 replies to this topic

#46 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,573 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

He's never played for the Chargers, so it will never happen.

Next topic.

#47 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

I truly believe many people hold The Golden Calf of Bristol's religious views against him more so then his on field performance..

You do realize that 75% of the American population is Christian, right? And you realize that that percentage probably holds up among football fans, considering football is biggest in the south (where religion is also abundant), right? Claiming religious persecution against Christians in America, in any way, shape, or form, is asinine and frankly moronic.

I hold his smugness against him, and that smugness is in part due to his religion. "God helped me win a game." Really? God blessed you so that your team could win? While thousands die from starvation in 3rd world countries?

The Golden Calf of Bristol is not a good QB. Having a few good stat-lines doesn't erase the fact that he constantly kept his team in tight spots by not being able to pass the football. The defense bailed him out and the opposing team's defenses backed off late when the game was practically in hand. As already mentioned several times, most of The Golden Calf of Bristol's passing yards came from hitting wide open receivers in blown coverage. The Golden Calf of Bristol. Is. Not. Good.

#48 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,390 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Clausen is a better QB than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

#49 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

its not like Cam won that many. Signs are he should have a winning record this season but you never know.

For the 238597238523895723th time, wins and losses are TEAM statistics. When Manning loses some games, you don't say, "oh, Manning had a bad game" by default. Cam would have won at least 12 had he had the production from his defense that The Golden Calf of Bristol had from his defense. So, using wins as a measuring stick is just fuging stupid.

#50 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Derek Anderson?.. just got signed as our backup?

#51 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

who cares about his religion and to hold that against him....is silly. He talks about it and puts if out there for the world to see. so what. He's not a good QB, that's enough of a reason to not want him on your team. Let him talk about his religion, I don't need to and neither does anybody else.

#52 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I would say sign him as a full back..but we're pretty stacked at that position now. :)

#53 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

He's not smug at all. He just answers questions from the heart. Many christians believe God gives them strength to perform their chosen profession. Hell my brother does it and he's a truck driver.

#54 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

no one wants a backup qb thats more popular then the starter

#55 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

For the 238597238523895723th time, wins and losses are TEAM statistics. When Manning loses some games, you don't say, "oh, Manning had a bad game" by default. Cam would have won at least 12 had he had the production from his defense that The Golden Calf of Bristol had from his defense. So, using wins as a measuring stick is just fuging stupid.

panthers04100 said that the reason Denver fans wanted The Golden Calf of Bristol was because Orton wasn't winning, which is true. He hinted at the fact that The Golden Calf of Bristol would never win the Panthers fan support the way Bronco fans did due to Ortons inability to win games. I just reminded him the Cam wasn't winning either and it is possible that based on that fact, The Golden Calf of Bristol could have gained a few backers. Orton IS regarded as a "better" quarterback than The Golden Calf of Bristol so it makes you wonder just how he was benched in the 1st place...

#56 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,390 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

lol @ this persecution complex. Absolutely pathetic.

At least 99%, if not 100%, of the Panthers roster are christians. The Golden Calf of Bristol is not special in that regard. He is, however, the worst QB ever to start in the NFL.

#57 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Id rather have ryan leaf

#58 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

#59 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

No thank you. This is Cams house.

#60 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Heath Shuler, Jeff Lewis but i don't recall Lewis starting. I can name 50 of more really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.