#16 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

This draft is loaded with good DT prospects. It is a strength of the draft.. along with CB. Great year to have those as big needs.

This is a poor safety draft, and a poor LB draft.

#17 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Draft is really loaded with Later DT prospects.

Lots of people I like Cox/Poe/Brockers/etc but none of them am I 100% comfortable picking at 9.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,616 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Draft is really loaded with Later DT prospects.

Lots of people I like Cox/Poe/Brockers/etc but none of them am I 100% comfortable picking at 9.

I swear if you get on the Luke bandwagon....

#19 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think that Jerel Worthy is the most "what you see is what you get" DT in the draft. He dominated a very, very impressive Wisconsin offensive line in the Sparty/Wisconsin bowl game this year, showing that he can man-handle Pro level talent.

With Poe, he seems to be a work-out warrior that didn't have convincing games at Memphis. Brockers is still really raw. Cox is one of the guys who began popping up during the Combine and slightly before, and could have huge potential.

I just think that Worthy is the most "known" player out of the group, which definitely isn't a bad thing. Is his ceiling as high as Brockers? I don't think so. Is he as physically dominating as Poe was during the Combine? No, not at all. But, he's definitely worth a look.

#20 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

I swear if you get on the Luke bandwagon....

What a Linebacker ? GTFO.

#21 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Travis johnson(played under Rivera) tweeted worthy saying "what Chico and them talking bout" and worthy replied "like my style, not afraid to play a rookie"

#22 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

I think that Jerel Worthy is the most "what you see is what you get" DT in the draft. He dominated a very, very impressive Wisconsin offensive line in the Sparty/Wisconsin bowl game this year, showing that he can man-handle Pro level talent.

With Poe, he seems to be a work-out warrior that didn't have convincing games at Memphis. Brockers is still really raw. Cox is one of the guys who began popping up during the Combine and slightly before, and could have huge potential.

I just think that Worthy is the most "known" player out of the group, which definitely isn't a bad thing. Is his ceiling as high as Brockers? I don't think so. Is he as physically dominating as Poe was during the Combine? No, not at all. But, he's definitely worth a look.

I like Worthy too, though the comments about his work ethic worries me. I think at this point, all potential 1st round DT's should be considered. People are getting a bit too enourmed over Poe's combine. I think people need to realise just how raw Poe is. What really worries me is that he's been a full time starter for 2 and a half years, that's 30 starts in total, and he's still so raw. You would think that guys like him with such upside but raw technique would only be a year starter. This begs the question, why hasn't he polished up after so long? Sounds like a bust waiting to happen.

#23 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,711 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

He's one of the ones I hope we can nab in the second. Stephen Hill being the other. What? He has way too much upside and in the second round? Yeah you have to try and get him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.