Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

274 posts in this topic

Posted

Bob version of NBA franchise is GARBAGE. he knew that why you think he sold the team. Hardly anyone wanted to support him. If you not living around the Charlotte area one may think the Carolinas don't even have an NBA team.

Posted

My money don't support sh1t from the bobcats. haven't been to a game in over 2 years. don't see myself going anytime soon, either.

You probably live in Fayetville or Lumberton.

the gf is a teacher, and they basically give bobcats tix away to CMS employees. I took some from her because I was out of toilet paper.

You are right on many levels. The Bobcats never sell out any games. Most of the people that are at the games are there because they have free tickets. Hell, Friday night they gave everyone in attendance free tickets to last nights game and there were still only about 3,000 fans there. It's the saddest most pathetic thing I've ever seen. I mean they have given free tickets away to everyone in attendance more than once this season. Does no good. Also the fans that are there don't cheer. Has to be the quietest crowd ever. It's like they don't even care. Which they probably don't. I work for the team, and I'm almost to the point of not caring.

Also, at the games there are WAY more people wearing throwback Hornets gear than Bobcats. It's not even close.

Posted

Thunder have a worse name than Bobcats but you dont hear about it because they win. I'd much rather MJ invest this money into scouting/development/free agency than a worthless name change that still leaves us with a garbage product

I don't see how Thunder is a bad name. It isn't generic and gay like the Bobcats. Bobcats sounds like a stupid elementary or middle school mascot.

Posted

Lets not forget that Bob Johnson wasn't the only one trying bring back NBA to Charlotte, there was others wanted save us too, he was running against a group with the likes of Muggsy any Larry Bird, and quite frankly i strongly believe that group would had done better then Johnson.

2 people like this

Posted

What growth are u talking about dude? You do realize that Charlotte will never have a Final 4 here because the arena is too small here right?

Yup, I'm pretty sure we can't even have an ACC tourny at the arena because it is way too small. It is way smaller than the old Coliseum. I was just having this discussion with someone that works at the arena last night.

Posted

Yup, I'm pretty sure we can't even have an ACC tourny at the arena because it is way too small. It is way smaller than the old Coliseum. I was just having this discussion with someone that works at the arena last night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_ACC_Men%27s_Basketball_Tournament

Its small, but not that small

Posted

http://en.wikipedia....ball_Tournament

Its small, but not that small

I know we've had it at the arena before. I worked at it. But it was a major dissapointment and from what I heard everything about the place was too small for the tourny. Don't think it will ever happen again.

Posted

The Hornets name is more then just a name to lots of folks.

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

The Hornets name is more then just a name to lots of folks.

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

There are so many stories like this of people remembering games when they were young. Now these kids are adults with incomes and kids of thier own. I wouldn't rule out an increase in season ticket sales based solely off the name change..if that is what is happening.

Personally, I am torn. The 'Cats name/colors/etc have grown on me over the years. I am going to support whatever the basketball team is called..namely because it says "Carolina" or "Charlotte."

Posted

The NBA isn't the NFL. In order for the Bobcats to be good they have to suck horribly and get very high draft picks. They can't turn it around in a couple years like the Panthers did or any NFL team can. It's a superstar league.

MJ is on the right track..he has hired some pretty smart basketball minds recently and worked his ass off to turn a sinking ship into something salvageable. I don't get the unnecessary hate that non Bobcats fans have on the team. The ones who must come in here and say "I don't give a rats ass about the Bobcats!!!!!" - whats the point of even posting? Either you like the NBA or you don't.

2 people like this

Posted

Would love to take my son to see a Hornets game to experience "The Hive" but it sure as hell won't be in New Orleans.

BTW Thunder isnt a bad name for OKC fits them well just like the Hurricanes fits our hockey team well.

Posted

Thunder have a worse name than Bobcats but you dont hear about it because they win. I'd much rather MJ invest this money into scouting/development/free agency than a worthless name change that still leaves us with a garbage product

The Thunder/Sonics sucked for years then got extremely lucky with Durant then still sucked for 2 years before turning the corner after adding 3 top 5 picks. That is what Charlotte is trying to do. Its the only way these small market teams can compete

1 person likes this