273 replies to this topic

#166 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Nothing Bob did here compares to going on trial for rape and forcibly moving a sports franchise from our city. And yet folks like yourself still romanticize and hold allegiance to that man's business. Bob used to get all the blame for the arena, he deserves all the credit for its prosperity. He did far more good here than bad, but its that same "hillbilly" spirit as you call it that denies him that. Its OK though, Charlotte is known for that. Thats nothing new, and the people who matter know the real and support our founder and his vision.

Why won't you admit your racist views...? Shouldn't you be at a trayvon martin rally? Everyone hated shinn. I didn't dislike Bob Johnson but he wasn't a good owner at all and we are dealing with that now. Oh and you shouldn't like Bob either hes done the more for African American stereotypes than anyone. Watch his former business venture. BET is nothing criminial shows and "computer generated music" awards. You might be the most racist person on here just because your mom told you that you had to watch out for those whiteys all the time.

#167 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

KT as a Kid

Posted Image

#168 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

More race card pulling and crying while the real basketball fans of Charlotte and NC ride with our Bobcats. The more and more you bash Bob and Charlottes team the less and less chance of the Hornets history here remaining alive here. Bobs COULD preserve it, but you guys bash the founder, the team, and its supporters so much they have no incentive to help you. The Hornets will go the way of the Cougars because a bunch of fraudulent NBA fans felt they were too good to respect and support their city and states team. And take every opportunity to marginalize them while giving FREE PROMO to rival city New Orleans. Sellouts!

#169 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

As far as I can tell, you all troll KT into mentioning race. You all should probably cut it out.

#170 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Also race doesnt really explain why KT like Bob Johnson more than MJ as an owner.

#171 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

As far as I can tell, you all troll KT into mentioning race. You all should probably cut it out.

He is the one that brings it up 90% of the time. Half the time I go into a thread about the Bobcats and a bit of an argument breaks out, KT throws in his race card, specifically whenever you criticize his beloved Bob Johnson.

#172 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Because Bob is a better more proven businessman than MJ. He's not a "celebrity" tho, and that hurt him in this market. I think MJ can turn it around but to this point he's struggled and people sometimes dont hold him accountable for things because he's MJ.

Some peoples distate for our founder is stronger than their love of basketball. Im tired of people disrespecting the Bobs culture and history to prop up NO's team. My history. OUR history, whether you like it or not. 10, 20, 30 years from now downtown charlotte will be draped in orange and blue. The Bobs are firmly entrenched in our community. Anybody thats got an issue with that is welcome to cheer for somebody else. But we're not changing our identity and who we are because you are too weak to accept it. And I'd say the same thing about our Panthers.

#173 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

He is the one that brings it up 90% of the time. Half the time I go into a thread about the Bobcats and a bit of an argument breaks out, KT throws in his race card, specifically whenever you criticize his beloved Bob Johnson.

I only see that after at least 5 mentions of KT being a racist.

#174 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

I only see that after at least 5 mentions of KT being a racist.

I'm not talking about this thread, ill admit I didn't read all the pages and only the 7th and 8th when I posted, so I assumed(and probably shouldn't have), but there are plenty of other threads where he has brought it up.

#175 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Munch hasnt made one basketball related post in this forum yet. He's simply an agitator and one who seeks to tear down others.

#176 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

....so back on topic, what was the big announcement? We cut Diaw and his man boobs?

#177 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm a real newb on this page, and I might be overstepping my boundaries, but...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Granted, I'd never call KT (or most anyone else I meet on a message board, for that matter) a racist. I don't know the guy. But to come to the defense of the single most egregious troll I've seen on any board, anywhere, is a real mindblower to me.

If he actually believes the inanity he spews, KT is clearly a delusional, angry, mean-spirited person who doesn't tolerate views other than his own...TROLL.

If he doesn't believe his own dreck, and it's all an effort to get a rise out of people trying to have an informed debate...TROLL.

Protecting the TROLL from TROLLING is like treating your cookie-thief nephew to a bag of Famous Amos when he gets caught.

It's just silly.

#178 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

John how are you any different than Hawks fans, Magic fans, etc who trash our city and team? You're actually worse because you kill us and undermine us from within. To get you respect, you must give it. You show none to the Bobs, so screw the memory of the Hornets. Let it remain that, a memory, on internet message boards and online LOCAL petitions. Its bout to be like they never existed here. You dont love Charlotte or the people in it, just a team that hasnt been relevant here this century. Those little kids who scream and cheer at Bobcats games got more belief and pride than you. Your pride and joy is in New Orleans. You dont represent Charlotte, so stop acting as if you do. You misrepresent us actually, sellout.

#179 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

:lol:

I've loyally attended B**Cats games since 2004. As many as possible, this horrible year included. Fact is, I'm a really big fan. I'm actually bringing around 100 or so of my closest friends with me to next Friday's game...ever done anything like that King? We've bought tickets, and we're going to buy concessions, and cheer like mad for our team and our city. We just happen to differ a little with the company line, that's all.

All sold out in section 222, but we're going strong in 223. Come by! We'd love to have ya :)

#180 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

John how are you any different than Hawks fans, Magic fans, etc who trash our city and team? You're actually worse because you kill us and undermine us from within. To get you respect, you must give it. You show none to the Bobs, so screw the memory of the Hornets. Let it remain that, a memory, on internet message boards and online LOCAL petitions. Its bout to be like they never existed here. You dont love Charlotte or the people in it, just a team that hasnt been relevant here this century. Those little kids who scream and cheer at Bobcats games got more belief and pride than you. Your pride and joy is in New Orleans. You dont represent Charlotte, so stop acting as if you do. You misrepresent us actually, sellout.

KT it seems as though you would take any scrap the corporate masters throw you. How bout I come take your Benz and give you a Maxima in a couple years?

You'd probably feel "so lucky" they gave you a Maxima.

Most of the people that support the Bobcats read this forum and that is why we post here. Just because we prefer the Charlotte Hornets over the Charlotte Bobcats or vice versa is just the same as someone liking Coke over Pepsi, neither person is a fool!

I prefer the Charlotte Hornet experience over my Bobcats experience so far but since there is no Coke I'll drink Pepsi, no problem.

As for sellouts look in the mirror if you were ever a Charlotte Hornet fan. Watch the finger pointing. You usually point out yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users