#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,998 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

Now in 2012 its "thanks for the arena and all the growth and money that comes with it. n!"

What growth are u talking about dude? You do realize that Charlotte will never have a Final 4 here because the arena is too small here right?

#32 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,987 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I think I still see more charlotte hornets gear than bobcats.

#33 Fade2BlackAndBlue

Fade2BlackAndBlue

ICE UP SON

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationStanley NC

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Posted Image

Cam at a Bobcats game lol

#34 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

The Hornets are old news. The HIVE got blown up. The Hornets play for NO now. Bobcats are Charlottes team now. Bob Johnson and his money saved us, remember that MrTouchdown. NOs Hornets could give a damn about you. Your money supports Bobs vsion 8 years and running.

#35 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

The Hornets are old news. The HIVE got blown up. The Hornets play for NO now. Bobcats are Charlottes team now. Bob Johnson and his money saved us, remember that MrTouchdown. NOs Hornets could give a damn about you. Your money supports Bobs vsion 8 years and running.

My money don't support sh1t from the bobcats. haven't been to a game in over 2 years. don't see myself going anytime soon, either.

You probably live in Fayetville or Lumberton.

the gf is a teacher, and they basically give bobcats tix away to CMS employees. I took some from her because I was out of toilet paper.

#36 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thunder have a worse name than Bobcats but you dont hear about it because they win. I'd much rather MJ invest this money into scouting/development/free agency than a worthless name change that still leaves us with a garbage product

#37 panthersfan085

panthersfan085

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Bob version of NBA franchise is GARBAGE. he knew that why you think he sold the team. Hardly anyone wanted to support him. If you not living around the Charlotte area one may think the Carolinas don't even have an NBA team.

#38 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

My money don't support sh1t from the bobcats. haven't been to a game in over 2 years. don't see myself going anytime soon, either.

You probably live in Fayetville or Lumberton.

the gf is a teacher, and they basically give bobcats tix away to CMS employees. I took some from her because I was out of toilet paper.

You are right on many levels. The Bobcats never sell out any games. Most of the people that are at the games are there because they have free tickets. Hell, Friday night they gave everyone in attendance free tickets to last nights game and there were still only about 3,000 fans there. It's the saddest most pathetic thing I've ever seen. I mean they have given free tickets away to everyone in attendance more than once this season. Does no good. Also the fans that are there don't cheer. Has to be the quietest crowd ever. It's like they don't even care. Which they probably don't. I work for the team, and I'm almost to the point of not caring.

Also, at the games there are WAY more people wearing throwback Hornets gear than Bobcats. It's not even close.

#39 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Thunder have a worse name than Bobcats but you dont hear about it because they win. I'd much rather MJ invest this money into scouting/development/free agency than a worthless name change that still leaves us with a garbage product

I don't see how Thunder is a bad name. It isn't generic and gay like the Bobcats. Bobcats sounds like a stupid elementary or middle school mascot.

#40 panthersfan085

panthersfan085

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Lets not forget that Bob Johnson wasn't the only one trying bring back NBA to Charlotte, there was others wanted save us too, he was running against a group with the likes of Muggsy any Larry Bird, and quite frankly i strongly believe that group would had done better then Johnson.

#41 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

What growth are u talking about dude? You do realize that Charlotte will never have a Final 4 here because the arena is too small here right?

Yup, I'm pretty sure we can't even have an ACC tourny at the arena because it is way too small. It is way smaller than the old Coliseum. I was just having this discussion with someone that works at the arena last night.

#42 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yup, I'm pretty sure we can't even have an ACC tourny at the arena because it is way too small. It is way smaller than the old Coliseum. I was just having this discussion with someone that works at the arena last night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_ACC_Men%27s_Basketball_Tournament

Its small, but not that small

#43 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ball_Tournament

Its small, but not that small

I know we've had it at the arena before. I worked at it. But it was a major dissapointment and from what I heard everything about the place was too small for the tourny. Don't think it will ever happen again.

#44 panthersfan085

panthersfan085

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

The Hornets name is more then just a name to lots of folks.

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

#45 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

The Hornets name is more then just a name to lots of folks.

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

There are so many stories like this of people remembering games when they were young. Now these kids are adults with incomes and kids of thier own. I wouldn't rule out an increase in season ticket sales based solely off the name change..if that is what is happening.

Personally, I am torn. The 'Cats name/colors/etc have grown on me over the years. I am going to support whatever the basketball team is called..namely because it says "Carolina" or "Charlotte."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users