Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
273 replies to this topic

#41 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

What growth are u talking about dude? You do realize that Charlotte will never have a Final 4 here because the arena is too small here right?

Yup, I'm pretty sure we can't even have an ACC tourny at the arena because it is way too small. It is way smaller than the old Coliseum. I was just having this discussion with someone that works at the arena last night.

#42 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yup, I'm pretty sure we can't even have an ACC tourny at the arena because it is way too small. It is way smaller than the old Coliseum. I was just having this discussion with someone that works at the arena last night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_ACC_Men%27s_Basketball_Tournament

Its small, but not that small

#43 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ball_Tournament

Its small, but not that small

I know we've had it at the arena before. I worked at it. But it was a major dissapointment and from what I heard everything about the place was too small for the tourny. Don't think it will ever happen again.

#44 panthersfan085

panthersfan085

ROOKIE

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

The Hornets name is more then just a name to lots of folks.

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

#45 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

The Hornets name is more then just a name to lots of folks.

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

There are so many stories like this of people remembering games when they were young. Now these kids are adults with incomes and kids of thier own. I wouldn't rule out an increase in season ticket sales based solely off the name change..if that is what is happening.

Personally, I am torn. The 'Cats name/colors/etc have grown on me over the years. I am going to support whatever the basketball team is called..namely because it says "Carolina" or "Charlotte."

#46 amcoolio

amcoolio

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

The NBA isn't the NFL. In order for the Bobcats to be good they have to suck horribly and get very high draft picks. They can't turn it around in a couple years like the Panthers did or any NFL team can. It's a superstar league.

MJ is on the right track..he has hired some pretty smart basketball minds recently and worked his ass off to turn a sinking ship into something salvageable. I don't get the unnecessary hate that non Bobcats fans have on the team. The ones who must come in here and say "I don't give a rats ass about the Bobcats!!!!!" - whats the point of even posting? Either you like the NBA or you don't.

#47 panthersfan085

panthersfan085

ROOKIE

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Would love to take my son to see a Hornets game to experience "The Hive" but it sure as hell won't be in New Orleans.

BTW Thunder isnt a bad name for OKC fits them well just like the Hurricanes fits our hockey team well.

#48 amcoolio

amcoolio

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thunder have a worse name than Bobcats but you dont hear about it because they win. I'd much rather MJ invest this money into scouting/development/free agency than a worthless name change that still leaves us with a garbage product

The Thunder/Sonics sucked for years then got extremely lucky with Durant then still sucked for 2 years before turning the corner after adding 3 top 5 picks. That is what Charlotte is trying to do. Its the only way these small market teams can compete

#49 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

The people who want the Hornets arent Bobcats fans, some arent even NBA fans. These folks and the Hornets have done nothing for Charlotte this millenium. NOTHING! But revise history, canonize and deify a rapist owner and his wack ass franchise that moved away. And in a spoiled brat kind of way try marginalize the Bobs contributions to our community. Purple and teal is about,as fruity and feminine a color scheme you gone get, no ones scared of gay purple bees. Dudes see a couple snapbacks at Foot Locker and think the Hornets brand is strong. LMAO. I feel sorry for the people who've pitched in to support Charlottes team the Bobcats only to be told they mean nothing and should be erased from memory to please a few entitled grandiose non-fans. MrTD even said he dont supprt the cats so why should his opinion matter? People in Charlotte who dickride a franchise in New Orleans really and truly dont love Charlotte.

#50 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'm fairly indifferent to the situation. If we get the name back, cool. If not, so be it.

I won't go to the games regardless of name unless they start winning.

I do not want them to bring back the name the Cougars though. I was born in Charlotte and I'd never heard of the Cougars until this season.