273 replies to this topic

#76 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

As I clearly stated, my boss NEVER said anything about a name change. ALL she said was that there was big news coming soon that effected the entire Bobcats organization. That is all I know. I have no freaking clue what it is about, and it likely will be dissapointing news like everything else when we get our hopes too high. That is why I said in the opening post "any idea." I was wondering if anybody knew something I didn't. MY BOSS NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A NAME CHANGE. It just seemed odd how it was put. I have no idea what it is about. That is all I will say for now, and I will try to find out anything new that I can and keep everyone up to date with what I find out.

i get ya but things like this go viral sometimes, already seen it on BCP, ROF, realgm etc. dangerous

#77 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Purple and teal is about,as fruity and feminine a color scheme you gone get, no ones scared of gay purple bees.

Just saying I'd rather come across an overgrown orange housecat in the woods than a nest of angry hornets.

#78 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

im 23 raised in Charlotte my whole life and I think its a terrible idea

Well whether u like the Hornets or not, a name change would change the feeling of the team and move away from the Robert Johnson debacle.

#79 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Just saying I'd rather come across an overgrown orange housecat in the woods than a nest of angry hornets.

Yeah don't feed the troll, bro. It's Obvious KT has the mental capacity of a 14 year old because once you make a legit point or counter his argument, he results to calling names and homophobia.

KT is the worst poster on this board.

#80 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Well whether u like the Hornets or not, a name change would change the feeling of the team and move away from the Robert Johnson debacle.

Robert Johnson's debacle got a team back in my home city. He's alright in my book.

#81 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Robert Johnson's debacle got a team back in my home city. He's alright in my book.

"Team" isn't exactly a word I would use when describing the Bobcats.

#82 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Heres an idea for your avatar
Posted Image

thanks I will consider that. All joking aside, I would say that the majority of the bobcat fans live outside of Charlotte/Mecklenburg.

I'd bet a majority of the people defending the bobcats in this thread don't live in Charlotte.

#83 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,148 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

The NBA brought a team back to Charlotte not Robert Johnson.

#84 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

"Team" isn't exactly a word I would use when describing the Bobcats.

you already said you bandwagoned them in the past. I'm sure you'll do it again when they're good. thats why you're opinion on anyhting about the team right now shouldn't really be valued. You'll support the team when they're good, or you'll looks like even more a douche than you do now. thats how it is with most people around here anyway. same thing as when I go to a Panthers game and see half the crowd is wearin other teams gear

#85 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

you already said you bandwagoned them in the past. I'm sure you'll do it again when they're good. thats why you're opinion on anyhting about the team right now shouldn't really be valued. You'll support the team when they're good, or you'll looks like even more a douche than you do now. thats how it is with most people around here anyway. same thing as when I go to a Panthers game and see half the crowd is wearin other teams gear

Meh. You don't know what I will or won't do so your opinion on that doesn't have any value.

I don't support the Bobcats. I will never support the Bobcats.

#86 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

dp

#87 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

dp

#88 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Meh. You don't know what I will or won't do so your opinion on that doesn't have any value.

I don't support the Bobcats. I will never support the Bobcats.

so we should value your opinion on them?

#89 panthersfan085

panthersfan085

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Its not that most of us that want the name Hornets back is a Bobcats hater. I pull for them but i much rather have the name Hornets back and im certainly not alone in that.

Hornets became a power house, Lead the NBA in attendance for multiple consecutive years. Think i read where they sold out 8 consecutive years while back. Have the Bobcats ever had sold out crowd? I never felt the excitement/energy with the Bobcats as we did with Hornets. Maybe im grasping at straws hoping by bring Hornets name back home will give us keast half the excitement and energy we once had.

#90 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Sweet, hopefully we get to change our franchise name completely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users