Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conversation On Espn Article About The Tolbert Signing.

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It is pretty funny if you read through it. Everybody is on there talking about how Stewart is gonna complete their team. Pretty much every team is represented. Dwill is also mentioned. Just shows what we have and why we shouldnt trade it away.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the link.

Posted · Report post

I think alot will depend on what JStew will cost to extend.If I was him I would ask for Dwill money which I dont see us doing again.He will be easier to trade based on this being the last year of his contract.I am afraid we will not get much better than a 3rd though

Posted · Report post

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/32549/panthers-likely-to-shuffle-backfield

Posted · Report post

I think alot will depend on what JStew will cost to extend.If I was him I would ask for Dwill money which I dont see us doing again.He will be easier to trade based on this being the last year of his contract.I am afraid we will not get much better than a 3rd though

If that's the best offer for him, then just keep him for another season and risk free agency. The offense is better with him. Then get the compensatory 3rd rounder or sign him to what must be a pretty reasonable deal if it doesn't result in a compensatory 3rd rounder.

Posted · Report post

I think we'd get a 3rd round compensation pick, do I can't see him going anywhere until the season is over. If he hits FA though, he's as good as gone. :(

Posted · Report post

J Stew will stay, no way he misses the run to 2012 Super Bowl win! J Stew - winning >>> $$$$

Posted · Report post

I dunno, one would think that Rivera or Hurney would have come forward and put an end to trade rumors if they had no intentions of moving dwill or jstew.

Posted · Report post

People on this board really overvalue RBs. Especially when we just signed a great #2. If we can get a 2nd do it and stop worrying about him. RBs are like women you always think there irreplaceable but there literially half the population. There a dime a dozen.

Posted · Report post

Same as here.

Posted · Report post

"RBs are a dime a dozen" is literally the dumbest argument made on these boards

Posted · Report post

I dunno, one would think that Rivera or Hurney would have come forward and put an end to trade rumors if they had no intentions of moving dwill or jstew.

hurney already did didn't he?