Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why You Should Be Happy With Tolbert Signing

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Smitty and Lafell out wide, Gettis in the slot, Olsen at tight end, stew/dlo with Tolbert in the back. Legit run or pass package in any situation. I won't be surprised to see this package more than we saw two tight end last year. Tolbert gives us an extra receiving option, plus a lead blocker, plus adds Gettis' speed to the field, which should either have the benefit of spreading the defense, or leaving big holes in the secondary.

This wasn't just insurance on jstew, or a set up for a trade. The staff has legitimately upgraded our potent offense for proverbial pennies on the dollar, while probably maximizing the potential already on the roster.

How is this bad? It just isn't.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just want to point out, that unless one of them is the QB, that would be too many players on the field.

Posted

Dlo and stew counted as one spot, as notated by the backslash(/). Thanks for helping out though!

Posted

Super Bowl 2012 winners with that backfield, for sure!

Posted

Still too many. 5 oline+Cam+Smitty+Gettis+Lafell+Olsen+Dlo+Tolbert=12

Posted

Offensive packages are a combination of 5 recievers/backs/TE's, yours included 6

Posted

I am pretty excited about him signing with us.

But would like to see us concentrate more on defense, unless he can play some linebacker too, im sure he can do better then Sean and Conner lol.

Posted

Dlo and stew counted as one spot, as notated by the backslash(/). Thanks for helping out though!

Still too many bro. 3 WR's, 1 TE, 2 RB's, 5 OL, + 1 QB.

You'd have to leave Olsen out for three wide sets, or run two wides with 1 TE in your scenario.

Posted

True, I fail. Hmm.. I'm going to work armanti into this plan somehow and get back to you.

I'm still excited about the add though

Posted

This is why I'm happy we have Tolbert:

1 person likes this

Posted

I just know we will have a fresh RB out there at all times. That will be key b/c they all win run hard everytime they get it and compete with one another.

Again, dont see why people hate this signing. He came cheap and hes dang good. If Stewart demands too much money, we have a great option in Tolbert to fall back on.

Just enjoy the show!

Posted

We should be happy because the guy took $4MM less because he wanted to play here so much. That's the kind of players I want on this team.

1 person likes this