• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 JackDaniel21

JackDaniel21

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Smitty and Lafell out wide, Gettis in the slot, Olsen at tight end, stew/dlo with Tolbert in the back. Legit run or pass package in any situation. I won't be surprised to see this package more than we saw two tight end last year. Tolbert gives us an extra receiving option, plus a lead blocker, plus adds Gettis' speed to the field, which should either have the benefit of spreading the defense, or leaving big holes in the secondary.

This wasn't just insurance on jstew, or a set up for a trade. The staff has legitimately upgraded our potent offense for proverbial pennies on the dollar, while probably maximizing the potential already on the roster.

How is this bad? It just isn't.

#2 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Just want to point out, that unless one of them is the QB, that would be too many players on the field.

#3 JackDaniel21

JackDaniel21

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Dlo and stew counted as one spot, as notated by the backslash(/). Thanks for helping out though!

#4 Guest_Lurker_*

Guest_Lurker_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Super Bowl 2012 winners with that backfield, for sure!

#5 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Still too many. 5 oline+Cam+Smitty+Gettis+Lafell+Olsen+Dlo+Tolbert=12

#6 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Offensive packages are a combination of 5 recievers/backs/TE's, yours included 6

#7 panthersfan085

panthersfan085

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I am pretty excited about him signing with us.

But would like to see us concentrate more on defense, unless he can play some linebacker too, im sure he can do better then Sean and Conner lol.

#8 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Dlo and stew counted as one spot, as notated by the backslash(/). Thanks for helping out though!

Still too many bro. 3 WR's, 1 TE, 2 RB's, 5 OL, + 1 QB.

You'd have to leave Olsen out for three wide sets, or run two wides with 1 TE in your scenario.

#9 JackDaniel21

JackDaniel21

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

True, I fail. Hmm.. I'm going to work armanti into this plan somehow and get back to you.

I'm still excited about the add though

#10 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

This is why I'm happy we have Tolbert:

#11 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

I just know we will have a fresh RB out there at all times. That will be key b/c they all win run hard everytime they get it and compete with one another.

Again, dont see why people hate this signing. He came cheap and hes dang good. If Stewart demands too much money, we have a great option in Tolbert to fall back on.

Just enjoy the show!

#12 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

We should be happy because the guy took $4MM less because he wanted to play here so much. That's the kind of players I want on this team.

#13 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

lets just hope he doesn't attempt any of that backfield juking

#14 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

I think people are starting to come around... Myself included, I just had to step back and look at the bigger picture to see it.

Stewart is probably as good as gone after this season anyway, adding Tolbert at a cheap contract is a no brainer considering his ability, versatility and as insurance for when Stew leaves.

It was an excellent move to add Tolbert. Imagine what Chud can do with this guy...

#15 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Rather of signed a recieving weapon. Still fugged if Smitty goes down.....as always. Need to be developing a future Smitty and LaFell nor Gettis appear to be that type of guy in training.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.