#1 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Not that this post adds any value: As everyone is taking their favorite guys in the draft lets dwell on where we were on last years draft. Hurney had some choices...

-Where would we be if he chose Blane Gabbert?! It seemed like more than one draft expert said he would be a better pick. I woke up clutching my chest only dwelling on the thought...

I was listening to a draft podcast and they mentioned-glossed over Gabbert as if they never touted him..like a certain Blonde Low-ceiling Fighting Irish QB. The thought of Hurney caving in to the media assesments and going with Dareus or Gabbert...

Hurney deserves a little more respect for his picks because I thought most every draft in the last few years(minus the Armanti move)was decent-above average. Lets see how the roster shapes up after the draft...Luis Castillio, Applewhite, Manny Lawson could all be had for cheap as the days pass.

It could be a lot worse...we could have Clausen, Gabbert, and now trying to draft Luc/RG 3..as we would have won 2 games...maybe! Or would we be debating on geting Blackmon to give Gabbert a weapon! Wow..the alternate reality is unsetteling.

#2 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Alternate realities are unsettling.

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,203 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Nice member title.

#4 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Talking head pseudo-scouts on radio & television are one thing, but he's a G.M.
I fully expect him to know, just from watching the film on Newton, that he was better than Gabbert.

Hell, maybe I'm wrong though. Someone WAS idiotic enough to draft him 10th overall.

#5 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,203 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Talking head pseudo-scouts on radio & television are one thing, but he's a G.M.
I fully expect him to know, just from watching the film on Newton, that he was better than Gabbert.

Hell, maybe I'm wrong though. Someone WAS idiotic enough to draft him 10th overall.

And trade up to do it.

#6 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

I think I need a drink. Just thinking about the dynamic qb duo of Gabbert and Pickles is just stressing me the fug out.

#7 James T. Kirk

James T. Kirk

Who Shat?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

They can work out if cast right.

#8 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Per Rivera, we were actually pretty impressed with Gabbert pre draft and it came between him and Newton.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

I invite you all to use the newly restored search function and punch in "gabbert" - posts by member "rodeo" to see how amazingly accurate my comments were about him this time last year.

#10 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

I would like to point out as well, a few other members and myself were the only people that wanted to draft Cam. Please use the search function to see how blind some of your fellow members really were.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,089 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

shut up idiots none of you are NFL scouts. your opinion didn't mean poo unless you knew all the details of hurney/rivera/the scouting department's thousands of hours of research. you guessed he (cam) would be good because you saw some nifty auburn highlights on youtube and because mobile quarterbacks on madden are epic.

#12 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Per Rivera, we were actually pretty impressed with Gabbert pre draft and it came between him and Newton.

and you really believe that?

#13 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

U mad bro? :cam:

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,089 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

yes

#15 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,314 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

Gabbert is not in the same universe talent-wise as Cam, but don't let this last year with Jacksonville completely fool you, Gabbert could end up being a decent QB.

Del Rio had already checked out mentally two games into the season, they had a receiving corp so bad I'm sure several NCAA teams sported better talent at that position, and their pass protection was mediocre. Gabbert has all the tools, but downright struggled to string good plays together because he got rattled when the pocket broke down and anytime he made a good throw it was just as likely to be dropped as it was to be caught. If (and this is a giant IF) he can ever get some better pocket presence he may turn it around a bit. Unlike Clausen, there isn't enough talent around Gabbert to say for certain that he will never figure it out.

But I would be utterly crushed if Cam wasn't in a Panther uniform.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com