Photo
- - - - -

To Break Up The Tolbert-Hurney Destroyed America And Double Trouble Posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

Not that this post adds any value: As everyone is taking their favorite guys in the draft lets dwell on where we were on last years draft. Hurney had some choices...

-Where would we be if he chose Blane Gabbert?! It seemed like more than one draft expert said he would be a better pick. I woke up clutching my chest only dwelling on the thought...

I was listening to a draft podcast and they mentioned-glossed over Gabbert as if they never touted him..like a certain Blonde Low-ceiling Fighting Irish QB. The thought of Hurney caving in to the media assesments and going with Dareus or Gabbert...

Hurney deserves a little more respect for his picks because I thought most every draft in the last few years(minus the Armanti move)was decent-above average. Lets see how the roster shapes up after the draft...Louis Castillio, Applewhite, Manny Lawson could all be had for cheap as the days pass.

It could be a lot worse...we could have Clausen, Gabbert, and now trying to draft Luc/RG 3..as we would have won 2 games...maybe! Or would we be debating on geting Blackmon to give Gabbert a weapon! Wow..the alternate reality is unsetteling.

You are comparing his draft choice (Rivera/Chud actually fell in love with Cam) and contract negotiating. When you have a good tandem at RB and overpay the oldest one, you destroy your ability to keep both within the constraints of the cap and causes you to keep the expensive one hitting the career wall while waving goodbye to the 24 year old hitting his prime. It also showed how little MH knew about Chud ball, the passing game vs. Running game, because at 20 carries per game, we do not need 2 stud backs.

#17 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

I also caught two Gabbert games and you tube highlights and saw a guy scared in the pocket when a rush was near him.

The same critiques of Newton were the same issues(even worse) with Gabbert.

Newton dominating in an SEC in his first season and Gabbert not even reaching the legacy set by Chase Daniel in the same offense was telling without being a scout.

Gabbert tap dances and had average-at best results in an offense that produces huge numbers. See Jambalayah-Blane Gabbert lol...if we are beating our prediction chests.

#18 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

and you really believe that?

Well it's a pretty specific and odd thing to just make up.

#19 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

...or we could have our head coach suspended for a year!! Yowzaa!!

Panthers =class

Maybe we can sign Brees to be Newtons backup..

#20 BeerMe

BeerMe

In Chico We Trust.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Can't we all just love Cam now? This is retarded.

#21 d-run

d-run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I invite you all to use the newly restored search function and punch in "gabbert" - posts by member "rodeo" to see how amazingly accurate my comments were about him this time last year.

I'll make it easy for everyone.

*Disclaimer- there are some very idiotic statements in this thread, but remember that hindsight is 20/20

http://www.carolinah...ge__hl__gabbert

#22 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

That retro post about Gabbert was horrifying....

Drafting Cam will set us back 5 years..

THANK YOU MARTY HURNEY!

I will await the end of the pre season before I react to your 2012 and beyond plan..

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Take away the brown and edward trade and hurney would one of the best gm today.

Panthers are only a few teams that have many drafted players starting on the team

#24 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

@Carolina Chuck- agreed.

Otah was a great move(he has been injured) as he is a dominant RT when healty.

Brown trade up was a desperate move bc of Peppers..and Armanti just made no sense or still does not. That is the only move recently that I have been like"What!" it was embarassing to hear we traded up and then it was Armanti Edwards...

Dwayne Jarrett, Clausen were both justified picks. IMO where they were picked I felt that they were tremendous value. I never thought Clausen was Starter material from what I saw in college but who am I to say that?

With Jarrett, you had to feel he would have been good at some point...other than being awesome at DUIs.

#25 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I'll make it easy for everyone.

*Disclaimer- there are some very idiotic statements in this thread, but remember that hindsight is 20/20

http://www.carolinah...ge__hl__gabbert

I had forgotten how much JOAT didn't want to draft Cam.