Photo
- - - - -

Drill Baby, Drill....wait It Doesn't Reduce Gas Prices?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

i am right

Good argument. Let me guess you just know that you know that you're right.

haha couldn't have asked for a better response from you. That got me rolling this morning.

#17 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Good argument. Let me guess you just know that you know that you're right.

haha couldn't have asked for a better response from you. That got me rolling this morning.

You are easily rolled.

Please make sure to check your brain at the door when reading the AP aritcle. Supply and demand still make the world go around no matter what you are told to think by Obama. Keep on rolling.

#18 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

You are easily rolled.

Please make sure to check your brain at the door when reading the AP aritcle. Supply and demand still make the world go around no matter what you are told to think by Obama. Keep on rolling.

You didn't read the article did you. lol

#19 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yep, just like I read other articles written by other sources.

Look at todays articles concerning oil for instance. Guess what, oil is down a couple cents due to worries of falling DEMAND. Of course AP did not write that. And the president is talking out of both sides of his mouth while saying drilling AKA, supply, has no effect but asking Saudis to bump up production. Dont be so easily fooled by an AP article.

#20 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

Sweet, looks like gas prices are down since Obama took office. Wait, what?

#21 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yep, just like I read other articles written by other sources.

Look at todays articles concerning oil for instance. Guess what, oil is down a couple cents due to worries of falling DEMAND. Of course AP did not write that. And the president is talking out of both sides of his mouth while saying drilling AKA, supply, has no effect but asking Saudis to bump up production. Dont be so easily fooled by an AP article.

So your reading comprehension skills just suck or you think the world only consist of America.

"Oil is a global commodity and U.S. production has only a tiny influence on supply."

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

I talked this over with a man that works on oil rigs in the gulf. His answer "Big oil".

Well, the young lady that works at the local gas station told me the price was determined by a complex series of factors with supply and demand being the most critical. She said that taxes and the US's complex distribution system also factor in. And she has a nice rack, so she must be right. :)

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

"Oil is a global commodity and U.S. production has only a tiny influence on supply."

In general, I agree with the article, but the US is somewhat more than a tiny factor considering our level of consumption. We are probably the largest single factor on the demand side. Although China is catching us.

#24 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,972 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

In general, I agree with the article, but the US is somewhat more than a tiny factor considering our level of consumption. We are probably the largest single factor on the demand side. Although China is catching us.

They said it was a "tiny factor" in regards to supply, not consumption.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

They said it was a "tiny factor" in regards to supply, not consumption.

Duh, thats what I get for reading while getting yelled at by my wife. :)

#26 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Petroleum should have gone the way of the cassette long ago. The longer we hold our selves back the longer we as a country will suffer. They can then speculate on how much electricity will be available. That may not change but what will is all our energy coming from home and not from people with something to gain by holding the country back

Petroleum should have gone the way of the cassette long ago. The longer we hold our selves back the linger we as a country will suffer. They can then speculate on how much electricity will be available. That may not change but what will is all our energy coming from home and not from people with something to gain by holding the country back

#27 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

The people who think government has no business investing in other energy sources because "the market will figure it out" dont realize that if we leave it up to the free market, nothing will get done until energy prices are sky high. Only problem with that is that in a globalized economy where most of our manufactured goods come from the other side of the planet, a significant increase in energy prices = inflation on a lot of other goods too. Plus we would fall behind other countries (*cough*Germany*cough*) who invest in other energy sources

#28 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

The people who think government has no business investing in other energy sources because "the market will figure it out" dont realize that if we leave it up to the free market, nothing will get done until energy prices are sky high. Only problem with that is that in a globalized economy where most of our manufactured goods come from the other side of the planet, a significant increase in energy prices = inflation on a lot of other goods too. Plus we would fall behind other countries (*cough*Germany*cough*) who invest in other energy sources

Let's not bring Germany into this.

Those idiots are trying to gut nuclear power.

#29 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Let's not bring Germany into this.

Those idiots are trying to gut nuclear power.

Germany uses very little nuclear power anyway. They can replace their entire nuclear capacity with a relatively modest number of wind turbines.

Germany is on schedule to have an 80-100% renewable energy economy in my lifetime. That is astonishing for a country with 80 + million people.

#30 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I don't get it.

I know it's a catchphrase that the right like to use. And a stupid one at that.

But it would seem logical to me that if there were oil in our backyard, it would lower at least our gas prices....no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com