Photo
- - - - -

What Will The Saints Implosion Do For The Panthers In 2012?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

It should further shake up the division.
Pretty wide open now IMO.

#17 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

The Saints are still loaded with talent and I expect Brees to play. Even without their HC and second round picks, I think they'll have a very good team and they're not going to roll over and die. Also, part of the reason the Bucs were so terrible last season was due to DT and QB injuries. They brought in a major offensive weapon in FA, they're picking high in the draft, and many of their players will be fighting just to keep their jobs with a new coaching staff that has no loyalty to current players. I think the NFCS is going to be hell.

#18 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

A set back like this will take the wind out of their sails for at least 5-6 years. Football has more of a mind componet than people give credit for.

#19 drnll4

drnll4

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Attached File  562211_10150675717008926_777283925_9203516_1046299821_n.jpg   102.91KB   21 downloads

#20 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

#21 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Win the division. I thought we were going to anyway, this just cements it.

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,709 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

NFCS is gonna be hard to win. We have a tough schedule outside of the division as well. NYG, WASH, Cowbitches, Bronocos, Bears... not a cake walk.

#23 khwatson

khwatson

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Y'all funny. Just moved from Raleigh to ATL after 13 years. Lifelong Saints fan. Gotta say, love Cam Newton, but, with or without Payton we are going to be SAVAGE this year. Good luck though!

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I believe it won't do anything. Saints are still the saints. As long as brees is there, it's going to be hard to beat them. They added Grubbs, Lofton, and Hawthrone. I'd be happy if we could break one of the two.

#25 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,709 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Y'all funny. Just moved from Raleigh to ATL after 13 years. Lifelong Saints fan. Gotta say, love Cam Newton, but, with or without Payton we are going to be SAVAGE this year. Good luck though!

Thanks for leaving NC.

Lifelong Saints fan..... LOL.....

#26 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

This post has been promoted to an article

OK, so you click the link and go to the FP and guess what, no sign of this post or what SMF said.
Ya'll need to fix this.
This thread is effectively killed.

#27 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

The Saints our refortifying the DEF as we speak, those 22-27 players, a good chance that not even half of them are on the roster anymore, with who is being added via FA, will fill a good chunk of the holes created by a suspension of the guys left on the roster,

Then the Offense, still will have Brees, Graham, Sporles, Colston, and PT. still will be dangerous as hell.

Just hopefully our DEF can keep Brees under 25 points and we can score over 30.... But I can't see them losing more than 7 games next year, with that high powered offense..

#28 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

The Saints our refortifying the DEF as we speak, those 22-27 players, a good chance that not even half of them are on the roster anymore, with who is being added via FA, will fill a good chunk of the holes created by a suspension of the guys left on the roster,

Then the Offense, still will have Brees, Graham, Sporles, Colston, and PT. still will be dangerous as hell.

Just hopefully our DEF can keep Brees under 25 points and we can score over 30.... But I can't see them losing more than 7 games next year, with that high powered offense..

They gave updated info today and named the guys that will probably face some sort of suspension and only Vilma and Will Smith are current Saints players. Waits have been without both last year and had no issues. This year they have a whole new Def coordinator and a lot of good defensive signings, includig Seahawks leading tackler LB Hawthorne and Falcons MLB Lofton. Add some good rush from DT Bunkley and Greg Romeus who spent last year on IR, the defense should be much better and record breaking offense basically unchanged.

Apparently, no implosion of Saints is happening.

#29 Guest_AIejandro Lastra's Mom_*

Guest_AIejandro Lastra's Mom_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Now son, I done told yah bout wondering out of our safe parts. Mama needs help noodlin son, it be best if u stop talking to these smart folk and common help mama noodle. The gaators need they feed too bwoy, and mama cant do it all herself now. Them Taints aint gonna help you eat mamas buttgunk gumbo is dey?

#30 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Sinking Ship

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

They gave updated info today and named the guys that will probably face some sort of suspension and only Vilma and Will Smith are current Saints players. Waits have been without both last year and had no issues. This year they have a whole new Def coordinator and a lot of good defensive signings, includig Seahawks leading tackler LB Hawthorne and Falcons MLB Lofton. Add some good rush from DT Bunkley and Greg Romeus who spent last year on IR, the defense should be much better and record breaking offense basically unchanged.

Apparently, no implosion of Saints is happening.

Apparently you don't realize how much poo the Saints will be in if the NFL doesn't up the cap figures for 2013 and 2014. Signing bonuses are pro rated through the length of a contract, and the Saints have brought in guys like Hawthorne, Lofton, and Grubbs on borrowed money. This isn't even beginning to cover what you guys should be paying Brees, somewhere closer to $20 million a season at the lowest, and the cap hit you'd take if you cut Will Smith. Lets be honest Alejandro, Saints are superbowl or bust this season and if they do implode, the curse is on the backs of guys like you who jinxed your teams chances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com