Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Had A Bounty On Brett Favre

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://voices.yahoo.com/nfl-cracks-down-helmet-helmet-hits-7036510.html

The above is an old Yahoo article from 2010... the below is taken from it.

Frank Garcia pointed out that players should be forced to cut off their hair so the helmets fit properly. He also said there wouldn't be so many helmets flying off if they were being worn correctly. Garcia also says his biggest fear is the NFL turning into a season of Pro Bowl like games with little hitting and no blitzing. He went on to speak of the Rams players all playing $100 each for a bounty pool to put out Brett Favre when Garcia was with the Rams.

Not sure how all that comes together... was the talking about the Panthers putting a bounty on Favre, or the Rams when he was with them?

Posted · Report post

Oh well if that's the case then I guess the Saints organized bounty should have gone unpunished.

What an illogical dumb ass.

Posted · Report post

It's better than the afternoon show by leaps and bounds

maybe im getting them confused....whats the other one people complain about? (i dont listen to either)

Posted · Report post

Mac attack is the only WFNZ show I listen too. The others usually aren't good enough to warrant draining my droid's battery.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You know which one im thinking of though right?

Posted · Report post

I'd guess "Bustin' Loose" based on what others have already said. That's Frank's show. Could be "The Drive" though with James and Taylor Zarzour.

Posted · Report post

The "coach run bounty program" is the aspect of this that all the apologists are forgetting about... I'm sure lots of teams over the years PLAYERS have had some sort of incentive system between themselves... The Saints* had a coach organized and run system AND obfuscated and lied to the NFL about it... HUGE difference.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Its suddenly ok to have a bounty on someone just keep it on the DL and dont let coaches get involved?

Is that what I keep reading?

Posted · Report post

Coach organized and run......coaches put in money....coaches agent put in money.

Totally different animal.

Posted · Report post

never seen so much hair splitting.

Posted · Report post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Frank is one of those guys whose grip on the facts gets a little loose when he gets into a heated discussion about something (which is often).

Wouldn't be a huge surprise to find out he mixed up the Panthers and the Rams.