Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dont Forget To Vote Against Cam For Madden Cover

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 1989

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Why would a PANTHERS FAN vote for a member of the Panthers do be on the cover of MADDEN???!!!!! And Cam for that matter! He will LITERALLY get hurt or suck if he's on the cover. It happens every year.

#32 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

...and no one else in the entire league was hurt.

Even players who had, no prior injury history that were on the cover were hurt.

#33 BANE

BANE

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

I voted for Cam. Twice. Ill keep voting for him as long as he is in the tourney.

#34 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm not voting either way, but seeing a Panther on a Madden game might be pretty badass.

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Why would a PANTHERS FAN vote for a member of the Panthers do be on the cover of MADDEN???!!!!! And Cam for that matter! He will LITERALLY get hurt or suck if he's on the cover. It happens every year.

If he'll literally suck I'm gonna vote for him like 10,000 times.

#36 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Please tell me who has been "fine" who have been on that cover? Either they are hurt, or have a significant decrease in performance.

DREW BREES AND LARRY FITZGERALD U ******.... if i know one thing about white people, its that they cant dance and are afraid of curses (got that line from Parks and Recreation).

#37 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

2000: Barry Sanders retires a week before the season begins.
2001: Eddie George loses the Divisional Playoffs for the Tennessee Titans
2002: Daunte Culpepper throws 23 interceptions and breaks the record for fumbles in a season. The Vikings went 5-11.
2003: Marshall Faulk never has another 1000-yard rushing season for the rest of his career, and slowly declined in production. Played 21 of 33 games during the 2002 and 2003 seasons.
2004: Michael Vick breaks leg in the preseason, missing the entire season, and the Falcons went 5-11.
2005: Ray Lewis is injured his wrist in Week 15 and had his only season without an interception.
2006: Donovan McNabb tears his ACL, and meniscus, as well as a sports hernia and the Eagles miss the playoffs.
2007: Shaun Alexander sufferes a foot injury and misses six games. Production declines and he is no longer a Seahawk by 2009, and out of the League in 2010.
2008: Vince Young's production declines and he suffers long-term injuries the next season, as well as being benched for off-the-field reasons and never plays 16 games for the Titans.
2009: Brett Favre suffers an arm injury that severely hurts his performance and the Jets are eliminated from playoff contention after starting the first half of the season.
2010: Troy Polomalu sprains his MCL and misses the first four games of the season, and then hurts his PCL and misses even more games afterwards. Larry Fitzgerald is unable to participate in the Pro Bowl due to injury, but has a career year.
2011: Drew Brees plays an entire season, but throws twice as many interceptions, his QB Rating drops 20 points from the Super Bowl-winning season the year previous, and is part of the only team to lose in the playoffs to a team with a losing record; the 7-9 Seahawks. It is later revealed that Drew Brees played 6 weeks with a torn MCL.
2012: Peyton Hillis misses five games due to injury, and re-injures himself in Week 9 of the season. His rushing yards are cut in half after a breakout season the year before and he is cut from the team at the end of the season.

So it seems like Larry Fitzgerald has already broken it. No worries.

This house, is clean.

#38 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

I believe in the curse but poo I've been looking at Other teams players for the last 10 years there is no way in hell I'm gonna let a legitimate chance at having a panther on the cover pass me by. But on another note last yr it seemed like a lot of people played with Carolina online these damn bandwagon people make me sick. I have ran with Carolina since Weinke and I remember the terrible roster updates of 08 with Testerverde and Carr along with the great St. Pierre and the great receiver Drew Carter.

again, just for the NFC South alone, there would not have been a single player in all 4 teams that had a chance of making the cover for 2012 that would not have been deemed "effected" by the curse. Name one player. You morons on here would be claiming Drew Brees was cursed even if he got it two times in a row because of Bountygate so he doesnt even apply. I REPEAT, BY THIS FORUMS LOGIC, EVERY PLAYER EITHER WASNT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON THE COVER OR WOULD HAVE BEEN DEEMED CURSED BY THE COVER HAD THEY BEEN ON THE 2012 COVER. Think about it, think of one player in the NFC South that was good enough in the 2010 season to have had a shot at the cover (Jordan Gross doesn't count because he never had a chance) and now that the 2011 season is over, tell me which of those players you're thinking about would have been deemed not affected by the curse?

Josh Freeman? Hell no. Madden curse, ohhh wait... he wasnt on the cover
LeGarrett Blount? Cursed....he wasn't on the cover...
Drew Brees? Hell no. Bountygate cursed.... oh waiitt... he wasn't on the cover...
Steve Smith? Wasn't good enough in 2010 to be considered for cover.
Matt Ryan? Hell no. Terrible season would have been deemed cursed, he just had to be on the cover.
Roddy White? Drops... cursed. He wasn't on the cover...
Jon Beason? Cursed. He wasn't on the cover...

Only player in the entire NFL that would have been eligible and deemed semi not cursed is Aaron Rodgers and I bet everyone would be saying he was cursed because he lost to the 9-7 Giants.

#39 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Nope@thunderraiden

Wouldnt say that at all...2out of 400 survive the curse..

Vote no!!

-for Swag...

#40 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

After reading this thread I hope he gets the cover just because the reaction from you simple minded people would be priceless. And I mean no offense by that, but if you believe in curses in any capacity whatsoever, at least be honest with yourself that you are a simple minded ninny.

#41 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

I thought I would post this here to remind you guys that your QB has become one of the benchmarks other rookie QBs are being measured up against. I hope this only encourages you to support him more and not concern yourselves over him ending up on a game box-cover and it's jinx.

“Luck was not a special passer based on film study,” wrote Cosell. “He is not the same kind of arm talent as Matthew Stafford or Cam Newton. … Luck was an economical player who was at his best as a timing and rhythm, short to intermediate passer.”

It's from a PFT article on RGIII..here's the link: http://profootballta...passer-to-luck/

#42 Jesse

Jesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Cam Newton: setting the standards of the future :cam: