Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In The First Round, The Panthers Select....

162 posts in this topic

Posted

This pick instantly improves the Panthers run defense between the tackles, where they were gashed last season at will.<br />

I don't see any DT in this draft being an immediate impact. If we do take one, I hope they can at least help us end a drive or two next season.

Posted

Claiborne>Kuechly>Blackmon>DeCastro>Coples

Those imo are the only ones worth taking at 9 (that we have a legitimate shot at getting) and even then I'm not sure I'd take Coples.

Posted

Who should we pick?? Luke Kuechly.

If not him then Poe or Ingram.

who will we take? Coples

Posted

Being the best LB doesn't mean you should automatically be considered top 10 worthy. Not convinced yet on Kuechly.

1 person likes this

Posted

kinda disappointed we aren't using the first pick on a punter...

oh well

Posted

1. Claiborne

2. a) Poe b ) Brockers c) Cox

3. Kuechly

4. Barron

5. a) Ingram b ) Coples

That's how I rank them

Posted

When it comes to defensive tackles it's 70% mental and 30% physical. Poe is a workout warrior, nothing more. So was Vernon Gholston and we all know what happened to him...not a single sack in TWO years....32 games....500 plays...

Basically Poe can Bench alot and look agile in the drills. Yet if he is so massively strong why is it that he was routinely pedestrian in one of the softest conferences in the game, that is the question. There are only two possible answers.

When it comes to DT it is 40% athletics, 40% technique, 20% mental and motivation. Poe has the athletic ability in spades. I think he lacks in technique and didn't always play with intensity. But if he wants to be great, he has the ability and can learn the technique. That is why we interview them.

Posted

Amazes me how people are so enamoured with Poe considering his lack of college production. Now I realize that doesn't mean he will be a bust or a career backup, but that's to high of a risk for us to take at 9.

Posted

1. Claiborne

2. a) Poe b ) Brockers c) Cox

3. Kuechly

4. Barron

5. a) Ingram b ) Coples

That's how I rank them

My ranking would be similar, but:

1) Claiborne

2) Brockers, Poe, Cox

3) Coples

4) OT (or if all 4 of the above are gone AND Kalil AND Reiff/Martin aren't viewed as possible near future LTs I guess I'd be ok with Decastro..)

5) Blackmon or Floyd probably

Posted

Amazes me how people are so enamoured with Poe considering his lack of college production. Now I realize that doesn't mean he will be a bust or a career backup, but that's to high of a risk for us to take at 9.

Just be glad nobody here is the GM. ;)

No, we don't actually know anything.

Posted

Poe was impressive at the combine... so was Vernon Gholston.

Posted

for every combine warrior that failed, theres one that succeeded.