Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In The First Round, The Panthers Select....

162 posts in this topic

Posted

Part of the issue was that Poe never came off the field and his defense was on the field a lot. On the other hand, he was underwhelming at times also. You have to decide if you think he can be that tough driven player you need him to be. Workout warriors are hard workers as well, but are not usually athletic, smart and instinctive. I tthink he has some of those skills but without talking to him it is hard to judge his mentallity.

Posted

My pick: Blackmon or Claiborne if they fall

But if things go as they should @ #9 Panthers select Michael Brockers DT LSU

1 person likes this

Posted

God, why Brockers? Yuck.

Posted

The point is, beware the kid who tears it up at the combine and doesn't have any game tape to back up his measurables. I'm not saying we should take Brockers or Cox, but you put either one of them on the Memphis d-line in the CUSA and they would have dominated the opposition... Poe didn't.

I don't know that Brockers or Cox would have torn it up either if they were double teamed all day. But I understand what you are saying and agree that it would be much easier to pick him if he had dominated his opponents. His gametape surely has to be taken into consideration and it would be the main focus of my interviews with him.

Posted

But if things go as they should @ #9 Panthers select Michael Brockers DT LSU

Yea, lets waste the 9th pick on such a raw talent that will probably contribute very little the first year. There are several others we could pick that will at least hold their own and help us win some games.

Posted

My list:

Claiborne

Coples

Cox

Poe

Brockers

Posted

Don't we already have a Poe on our team?

Jason Shirley - 6'5" 345 lbs

Frank Kearse - 6'5" 335 lbs.

Poe will do just what Kearse and Shirley did and can do.

We need DB, pass rush, or LB help.

Posted

There are a lot of guys that play at an extraordinarily high level in the NFL that didn't dominate in college.

And Hurney doesn't usually miss on first rounders, so whomever they go with I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the guy will be a stud.

Posted

I'm going after a first round talent at DT, yes other players on the roster may have the size but did not have 1st round type of talent. That's why they were undrafted.

People say Brockers is raw and we'd have to wait but such a large guy with abnormally long arms could contribute tomorrow. He has the physical tools that none of our 3rd rounders from last year could match plus much much more upside.

I haven't changed my stance, yes, Brockers!

Plus he can block kicks! Yes

1 person likes this

Posted

Personally, I think Coples is the biggest top 10 risk/reward prospect. The guy has the ability to dominate, but doesn't always choose to.

Posted

Here's the good news, I have complete faith in Hurney's 1st round drafting - so I haven't spent much time thinking about who we should take, Hurney got dis.

Posted

roflbot.jpg