Photo
- - - - -

In The First Round, The Panthers Select....

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#151 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Honestly, anyone who thinks we should pick a guard at #9 is just NFL-stupid.

#152 luciferin

luciferin

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

With our penis slang D-line of Johnson, Hardy, and Norwood...I think it's pretty obvious that we'll be reaching for Cox.

#153 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Pep came in and competed right away. I would expect the same of Coples. If we draft him at 9, the dude needs to start and not just because we took him at 9. I would expect him to beat out Hardy. Anything less would be not living up to his potential.

Coples is not even near the talent level of Peppers and to say such things just makes you look ignorant. Matter of fact there prob is not a single player in this draft that has natural talent of Peppers.

We need help right now, not week 8. Our vets arent getting any younger and this year is as good as any to make a run for the big fandango. I would think that any position that requires more strength would be hard to impact as a rookie since most guys are still developing physically. DT/DE should be the hardest to adapt to in the pros on D.

Still, if Coples isnt fighting close to a starting spot at week 1, I personally will consider it under achieving unless Hardy is destroying fools.

You expect way too much out of a good but not great DE. This kid is going to need time to develop and is not going to make an impact for at least two year.

hardy can still play - coples is versitle and can slide inside. you take snaps away from the less productive player... who would be hardy in my opinion.

i'm not saying definitely draft him. if Mo is there then take him. my point is that coples and DE depth could be a value for the panthers. johnson is the only proven DE on the team.

You are contradicting yourself you know... On one hand you say we need to give Coples time (Like Johnson) while saying that Hardy needs to go because he has not produced enough in your mind in 2 years. Also moving him inside would be a bad idea because he plays with such high pad level. I mean are you going to ask Edwards or McClain to step aside so a Rookie can get more playing time. I dont think thats such a good idea.

#154 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Ive said many time before I dont watch college ball. I dont know what to expect with Coples. I just think that if youre picking at 9 . . and that pick is a BPA. . he should be starting. I will be disappointed otherwise. Theres plenty of other irrational fans on here saying ridiculous things and if Im being ridiculous then so be it. I want someone thats gonna help right now, not later.

#155 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

How the hell would that fix anything? What are the ends gonna do when they get guided past the QB because he can step right up in the center of the pocket while the DTs are doing jack poo?

I think that is what Rivera is pondering......he has said that he wants more pressure on the qb and he has brought in a couple of tackles and at least 2 defensive ends...based on watching us last year I think our DTs sucked but Ron Edwards was out and he had two rookies they he never intended to be there.I think it is a valid debate

#156 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

You are contradicting yourself you know... On one hand you say we need to give Coples time (Like Johnson) while saying that Hardy needs to go because he has not produced enough in your mind in 2 years. Also moving him inside would be a bad idea because he plays with such high pad level. I mean are you going to ask Edwards or McClain to step aside so a Rookie can get more playing time. I dont think thats such a good idea.

i think coples can make an early impact. like i said you can coach the technique but he has the tools for early success. slide him inside or johnson and let hardy play the edge still... it creates scheme versatility. yes i'd ask a DT to sit on some third downs.

#157 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Honestly, anyone who thinks we should pick a guard at #9 is just NFL-stupid.

It amazes me how many people would have loved signing Nicks for $50 million (if we could have afforded) and then others come on and say something like that. If you have to insult people to make an argument you've already lost it. G's are probably the most undervalued position in football. Give me Decastro over any of these potential picks (aside from Claiborne) as he is probably the best OL in the draft (Kalil being a LT obviously makes his draft value higher). He will be the Chiefs pick if we don't get him and thats a whopping 2 f'ing spots later.

#158 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

It amazes me how many people would have loved signing Nicks for $50 million (if we could have afforded) and then others come on and say something like that. If you have to insult people to make an argument you've already lost it. G's are probably the most undervalued position in football. Give me Decastro over any of these potential picks (aside from Claiborne) as he is probably the best OL in the draft (Kalil being a LT obviously makes his draft value higher). He will be the Chiefs pick if we don't get him and thats a whopping 2 f'ing spots later.

Yeah, that wasn't a good post from me. Sometimes I allow my frustrations to get the better of me. I think it would be foolish for the Panthers to draft a guard at 9, given our needs and what's likely to be available on the defensive side of the ball at that point. I feel this way because we had a top 5 offense last year and lost Shockey and Wharton, but are adding other pieces, including an impressive wr threat coming off ir and several OLinemen coming off ir. Compared to our defensive needs...virtually everywhere, I can't understand the logic of drafting a guard at that spot. If Kalil were to magically fall to us, I'd be ecstatic, but that isn't happening. I'm concerned that people are thinking that Beason, Edwards, and Davis are going to come back at 100% and magically cure all our defensive problems. Neither Beason nor Davis will be 100%. Torn Achilles tendons are devastating and I don't know of any professional athlete that has ever come back 100% from it. Davis...well...I think he's gonna be playing on a ghost of a knee. I think Beason may be able to be 90-95%, which is better than most LB's. But I think one of our draftees or signees is likely to be playing in TD's spot the vast majority of the year. Our defense will be better, but we need another playmaker or two.

BTW, I wasn't one of those who wanted to sign Nicks. ;)

#159 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

2nd round best

#160 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

So the Tampa coach put Bloundt on notice, and said that Richardson could definitely be a "bell-cow" back for them...do it Tampa! Take him at #5...

#161 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

With our penis slang D-line of Johnson, Hardy, and Norwood...I think it's pretty obvious that we'll be reaching for Cox.

This post has swayed me...

Fletcher Cox will be the pick!

#162 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

So the Tampa coach put Bloundt on notice, and said that Richardson could definitely be a "bell-cow" back for them...do it Tampa! Take him at #5...

I think Claiborne falling to us is a pipe dream. I hope I'm wrong but evenif TB doesn't get him the Rams probably will (and boy will there fan base be on cloud 9 if that happens after that raping of a trade).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.