Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Are Listening To Offer For J-Stew

244 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The front may make a move if they are blown away by an offer that could be worked out.

Posted · Report post

Although I would hate it for this season, I STILL think that Stew gets traded before the draft. They can't afford to sign him long-term.

I still don't see a way that the Pantehrs can tie up nearly $20M per season in the RB position....and that is what they woudl have with DWill, Stew (under a new contract), and Tolbert.

I would hate to lose him....but I would rather get something now than watch him walk for nothing at the end of the season.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

"nothing serious yet":

Posted · Report post

this thread is now about Pasquarelli's ridiculous combover:

medium_aa6c785f70344e1d84ba39f2aa0bcfe8.jpg

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Marty Hurney is about to get a lesson on the devaluation of the RB position, something the rest of the league seems to already know.

Yeah, which is evident by all of those huge deals teams have signed HBs to lately.

Posted · Report post

:lurk:

oh wait these forums suck.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, which is evident by all of those huge deals teams have signed HBs to lately.

all those? what would they be?

Posted · Report post

Although I would hate it for this season, I STILL think that Stew gets traded before the draft. They can't afford to sign him long-term.

I still don't see a way that the Pantehrs can tie up nearly $20M per season in the RB position....and that is what they woudl have with DWill, Stew (under a new contract), and Tolbert.

I would hate to lose him....but I would rather get something now than watch him walk for nothing at the end of the season.

Exactly. Just like Hurney's mis-management of the Julius Peppers fiasco. We lost him and got absolutely nothing in return, when they knew beforehand he wouldn't sign.

Posted · Report post

all those? what would they be?

Foster? Johnson? Peterson? Rice eventually? MJD eventually? Forte was tagged.

It's a myth that the position has been devalued. Plenty of GMs still see it as being an important position; if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't be getting the huge deals that they have and will.

Before any brings up the, "Well, how many backs have been taken in the top five lately?" logic, it doesn't work. The only reason that's been the case because there hasn't been a back good enough to go in the top five since 2008 with McFadden who was, SHOCKER, taken in the top five. Richardson has a shot to go in the top five because guess what? He's a top five quality back. The only people who see the position as devalued are television analysts who know nothing which is why they aren't official NFL scouts.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Don't kill the messenger.

no one is trying to kill the messenger .. just saying messenger is bad at reading comprehension

I'm not sure how this is anything new .. he did not say the panthers are listening to trade offers

Posted · Report post

Foster? Johnson? Peterson? Rice eventually? MJD eventually? Forte was tagged.

so 3 contracts over the last 2 years. got it. teams sure are going nuts handing out huge contracts to RBs left and right

Posted · Report post

this thread is now about Pasquarelli's ridiculous combover:

medium_aa6c785f70344e1d84ba39f2aa0bcfe8.jpg

What the hell is that?!