Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Are Listening To Offer For J-Stew

244 posts in this topic

Posted

Stewart > Williams

Facts.com

2 people like this

Posted

How are they going to resign him? He's declined to talk about an extension with the Panther's and will want as much or more money then Williams got and the Panther's are going to be over the cap next season. (It's expected to remain flat for the most part up till the new ESPN deal kicks in for the 2014 season.)

The team can't cut Williams till 2014 at the earliest because of his signing bonus, there aren't a whole lot of cut possibilities either, Smith will need a new contract, so will Otah and a few defensive players as well.

Where is it that Stewart turned down extension talks? Can I get a link? That might change my whole opinion of the matter... I doubt it, but it might...

Posted

Don't kill the messenger.

No death needed, but you could have worded that much better.

Posted

Of course they're going to listen to offers. In terms of any sort of finality a statement like that means nothing though.

Getting rid of Williams next season and drafting a scat back to complement Stewart seems to make far more sense at this juncture.

Posted

Don't kill the messenger.

you should know better than to say that "they are" doing something when it's just a reporter saying that they "might be"...or at least "moron reporter says: panthers listening to offers yada yada yada".

misleading title is misleading.

Posted

RB has been devalued IN THE DRAFT, but not on the roster, IMO. Basically, the difference between some of these backs isn't huge, but when you do land a great back, teams want to lock them up because they are a major asset.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jim Irsay just tweeted,"Trade winds blowing".

Stewart to colts. :) lol Not serious. Calm down. Well he did tweet the trade winds blowing part.

Posted

Where is it that Stewart turned down extension talks? Can I get a link? That might change my whole opinion of the matter... I doubt it, but it might...

I would like to see that link too.

Posted

I would like to see that link too.

Gantt twitter. No link.

Posted

Stewart for Mike Wallace done deal :cam:

1 person likes this

Posted

Gantt twitter. No link.

thanks

Posted

Drew Stanton to Colts. Not JStew.