24 replies to this topic

#1 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Kansas doesn't look overly imposing on offense so I think we might be able to hang close in this one.

Look for the Heels to have a HUGE improvement in the turnover column.

They will not be as dominate in the low post against KU.

I'm afraid that for this game (w/o Butter) it is going to be all about Barnes.

He will need to get 20-25 points for us to have a chance, I don't think he gets it done.

Final score.... KU 68 - UNC 62

:(

P.S. fug Creighton right in their fuging dirty assholes.

#2 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, whoever knocks the Heels out of the tourney has those creighton bastards to thank. May they suck to eternity.

#3 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

They might be able to win vs KU without Marshall but I doubt it. Whoever is hot from 3 will win. Foul trouble will be huge as both teams focus on the inside game.

#4 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

different approach altogether.

now there is some considerable film without KM and Roy has to coach these guys up.

Offensive sets were woeful last night and it took three quarters of the game to get the right mathchups on D.

It was a tough win and to get another against KU will be equally as tough, likely quite a bit tougher. If Barnes could manage his average and PJ could step it up just a bit we have a chance. Roy will make sure to throttle Watts quite a bit and based on the film and Watts will respond to that. Kansas does not pressure the ball near as much as Ohio and I don't see them hitting double digit threes against us like the dozen, six by one player, that the Bobcats did.

Tyler has to stay out of foul trouble and stay away from those 2 or 3 OTB calls. Barnes will have to play better and likely will plus Bullock needs to keep his confidence where it is right now. Stilman played very well underneath a huge shadow last night and I think he can continue to improve.

I cannot wait to watch this game.

#5 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

What about Roy's wierd mental block when he faces his old team?

Reminds me a little of the Henry Winkler character on "the Waterboy".

Hopefully he doesn't show up to the game with a Kansas Sweater on!

#6 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I can't see UNC having a real chance without Marshall. This would be a tough game even with him and they looked absolutely terrible without him. Really makes me wonder if Barnes has actually improved since he got there or if it was really just switching from drew to marshall that has been the difference. I don't think there's a system more dependent on its PG in the country than Roys. When it works it sure works but when it doesn't it gets ugly fast. For gods sake that juggernaut 2005 squad lost to Santa Clara without Felton.

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Don't see Carolina winning this game. This is such a shame because coming into the season Carolina was the clear favorite. With a healthy McDonald, Strickland, Marshall, and with a 100% Henson, and Barnes being a top 2-3 player in the country there is nobody in the nation that can beat Carolina. So many injuries this season. No other team in America could last into the elite 8 with the major injuries to key players like Carolina has. But that means nothing. I want a championship. But if we don't get it, it may convince some guys to come back another year to try again. I just hope we can survive this one game. After that give the team a week to rest and Marshall should be much better and the team as a whole. Let's just find a way to get past this one game.

#8 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

I'm hopeful of UNC winning this one, Kansas is been barely winning there games in the NCAA tournment this year, and most of the wins came from there post guys, And there big and tough, but UNC is has the best post players i think, Zeller can run them till they can't anymore then we got McAdoo coming in off the bench.

If barnes has a average game and we play good defense, i think we win this one, also as long as we stay out of foul trouble!

#9 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

I'm hopeful of UNC winning this one, Kansas is been barely winning there games in the NCAA tournment this year, and most of the wins came from there post guys, And there big and tough, but UNC is has the best post players i think, Zeller can run them till they can't anymore then we got McAdoo coming in off the bench.

If barnes has a average game and we play good defense, i think we win this one, also as long as we stay out of foul trouble!

Losing Marshall negates a good deal of Zeller's floor speed... Not totally, but a good deal of it...

What I'm anxious to see is how effective Marshall will be at passing ahead (as well as the precision passes that make his game special), if he's playing in pain or with a limited range of motion...

#10 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

23 turnovers not gonna get it done against anyone.

have to stay within our means, don't get so out of control that the TOs start piling up and giving up easy layups on the other end because of it. Limit our mistakes, play good defense, let the big boys in the post do their thing...with some timely shooting, we have as good a chance as anyone.

Stillman did admirably on Friday but will have to play as well if not better for us to have a chance at the end.

Please lord no more J Watts.

#11 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Survival mode to the extreme. Harrison HAS to step up in this game if we're going to win. I think he does, so Heels by 5

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

I think the Heels lose by 15 or more.

#13 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

This game will hinge on Barnes. The amount of talent the Heels have is enough to win the game without Marshall, as long as the big 3 produce.

#14 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Well, Marshall is unofficially out tonight. Without him I really don't think the Heels have a chance. White can't run a transition offense and the stagnate in the half court (see Friday night).

InsideCarolina @InsideCarolina

UNC PG Kendall Marshall will NOT play vs. Kansas on Sunday, according to team sources.

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Well, Marshall is unofficially out tonight. Without him I really don't think the Heels have a chance. White can't run a transition offense and the stagnate in the half court (see Friday night).

Wouldn't expect him to miss, he fully practiced this morning with the team. Full contact drills and looked good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com