Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tebow "lays Hands" On Brian Dawkins Injured Neck

82 posts in this topic

Posted

If you believe a god exists its not that big of a stretch to believe that god can heal as well

The Golden Calf of Bristol is not God though. However some people around the country would have you believe so.

Guy is so annoying.

It must break your heart that that's through personal choice. He'd run through a string of 10s if he wanted to.

That shouldn't be hard for someone rich and famous.

Posted

It must break your heart that that's through personal choice. He'd run through a string of 10s if he wanted to.

Coulda, woulda, still a virgin.

Posted

Not touching this one.

Posted

In the church, these actions are symbols of deep prayer for someone in pain. These people aren't healing one another, only committing to a prayer to heal by God. No, it doesn't work all the time, and no The Golden Calf of Bristol is not a healer. He is a believer in God, and that's all he was doing with this action.

Following biblical ties, it's just a symbol of faith. This isn't the same as the crazy late night shows that you see...'The demons are lifted from you' type. Just an action of hope. For the non-believers it's delusional, for the believers it's faith.

1 person likes this

Posted

*Inserts The Golden Calf of Bristol is Patch Adams joke*

Posted

it's real, I have seen it and done it. I am nothing but a follower. Cancer healed instantly and doctors have no answer. Jesus is good.

Posted

The Golden Calf of Bristol just needed a reason to put his hands on another man.. he isn't a virgin due to faith.

1 person likes this

Posted

30k5a1e.jpg

Yep I preach that everyone should have an open mind and I hate The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Wrong on both accounts buddy but I'm sure you thought yourself clever.

Posted

Praise Jesus. At least some have been brought to the discussion. It's a start.

Posted

Yep I preach that everyone should have an open mind and I hate The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Wrong on both accounts buddy but I'm sure you thought yourself clever.

Lol you missed the point. Wasn’t directed specifically toward you. More to do with your type…

1 person likes this

Posted

There is actually some mixed research regarding faith based healing. It works like a placebo. If people believe something will work there is evidence that is some cases they in fact do get better. The body actually is a fantastic healing machine which is somewhat influenced by expectations of how long it will take to heal. People who are supposed fast healers actually do heal faster at least in small part to the expectation that they will heal faster. Other studies have not shown much use for faith healing.

http://www.skepdic.com/placebo.htm

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/MindBodyandSpirit/faith-healing

http://www.tikkun.org/nextgen/faith-healing-for-skeptics-how-the-expectant-brain-relieves-pain

Posted

Lol you missed the point. Wasn’t directed specifically toward you. More to do with your type…

You quite obviously have no idea what Cat's type is and should stop because you're embarrassing yourself.

1 person likes this