• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#46 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,041 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Yep I preach that everyone should have an open mind and I hate The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Wrong on both accounts buddy but I'm sure you thought yourself clever.

Lol you missed the point. Wasn’t directed specifically toward you. More to do with your type…

#47 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,497 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

There is actually some mixed research regarding faith based healing. It works like a placebo. If people believe something will work there is evidence that is some cases they in fact do get better. The body actually is a fantastic healing machine which is somewhat influenced by expectations of how long it will take to heal. People who are supposed fast healers actually do heal faster at least in small part to the expectation that they will heal faster. Other studies have not shown much use for faith healing.

http://www.skepdic.com/placebo.htm

http://www.cancer.or...t/faith-healing

http://www.tikkun.or...n-relieves-pain

#48 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Lol you missed the point. Wasn’t directed specifically toward you. More to do with your type…

You quite obviously have no idea what Cat's type is and should stop because you're embarrassing yourself.

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Bash The Golden Calf of Bristol all you want for poor quarterbacking skills. It's deserved.

Bash the people who talk about him like he's the greatest ever despite his lack of skills. That's also deserved.

But when you criticize him for beliefs that just happen to be different than yours, you come off like an ignorant, anti-religious bigot.

It's possible to express disagreement with someone's beliefs without being a jerk about it, but most here aren't very good at that.

#50 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Oh no the last thing people want is to look like a bigot toward a bigot.

#51 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,134 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

people don't make fun of steve smith when he thanks god for his successful career because he doesn't go flying into a kneeling pose in beams of light and choruses of angels after every three yard completion while camera crews literally murder each other to get the best shot of it.

even the most venomously anti-religious posters have no problem with people having certain beliefs, but when you willingly allow it to be made a spectacle of you kind of bring the mockery on yourself.

#52 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Also lost is that he is a spokesperson for Focus on the Family which is one of the most disgusting organizations in the country just a small step below the KKK.

They're the people who said we deserved 9/11 because of the gayz.

#53 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,783 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Rodeo, fighting the no-win fight.

-religious arguments have no end..See Isreal, the Middle East...Clash of The Titans..it never ends till ya kill the Kraken..

#54 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

This thread is screaming, "Tinderbox!!!!"

#55 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I just passed by a newstand in NY/NJ and the Daily News have Tim on the front cover with his arm open wide like Jesus and the heading reads: "The Passion of The Golden Calf of Bristol." I went to see if the picture was online so I can link it but it isn't...

And folks wonder why people hate how he's allowing the media to make a mockery of the Christian.

I see why he know feels he can heal people. :D

#56 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,041 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

You quite obviously have no idea what Cat's type is and should stop because you're embarrassing yourself.

A talk about embarrassing myself from the person that takes every opportunity to bash religion. lol

#57 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

A talk about embarrassing myself from the person that takes every opportunity to bash religion. lol

Trust me there have been plenty of opportunities I've held back on.

#58 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Rodeo, fighting the no-win fight.

-religious arguments have no end..See Isreal, the Middle East...Clash of The Titans..it never ends till ya kill the Kraken..

That movie was ass. I don't care what anybody says.

#59 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,145 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Seemed directed towards me because you quoted me. My type doesn't believe in magic and doesn't think people should be so open minded that their brains fall out nor does my type hate people because they believe differently then I do. Don't equate my disagreement or belief that they are stupid with hate. That would be quite an assumption.

#60 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I think it's a very strange thing to do and would think so under any belief system, religious or otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.