Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Cb Trumaine Johnson Visited W/ Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#31 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Based on the visits it'll be DE then DT or vice versa

Still more than a month away, don't overanalyze.

#32 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

Seems to me that we have guys with his talent level already. Either go elite, or go DL.

#33 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

I have given up trying to figure out the Panthers draft priorities. We are not going to know who they draft till they do.

#34 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

I really don't know where you all are getting this "He's a Safety/NB" crap. Mark my words he'll be an outstanding corner in 2-3 years. 2nd might be a slight reach (I'd say he has a late 2nd early 3rd grade) based on perceived value but considering his potential not so much. He is one of best athletes at CB in this draft. We don't have a 3rd so if they like him they better pick him in the 2nd. Maybe a trade down is possible and pick up an extra pick.

#35 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

If Claiborne, Coples, and Ingram are gone by #9.....and we can't trade out. OT Riley Reiff would be the safe pick or we might have to reach for CB Stephon Gilmore.

#36 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

I really don't know where you all are getting this "He's a Safety/NB" crap. Mark my words he'll be an outstanding corner in 2-3 years. 2nd might be a slight reach (I'd say he has a late 2nd early 3rd grade) based on perceived value but considering his potential not so much. He is one of best athletes at CB in this draft. We don't have a 3rd so if they like him they better pick him in the 2nd. Maybe a trade down is possible and pick up an extra pick.

That's the problem. We need a starting caliber corner right now. A guy who can step into the #2 CB spot oposite Gamble.

#37 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

If Claiborne, Coples, and Ingram are gone by #9.....and we can't trade out. OT Riley Reiff would be the safe pick or we might have to reach for CB Stephon Gilmore.

That is a ridiculous statement.

#38 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

That's the problem. We need a starting caliber corner right now. A guy who can step into the #2 CB spot oposite Gamble.

He can. And considering his size he isn't nearly as much of a liability against those bigger WR that always torch us. He's a small school kid so it might take a couple of seasons to get to his potential. Which is usually true of almost all rookies. Its his ball skills are what make me so excited. The kid is going to be a playmaker.

#39 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

That is a ridiculous statement.

Gilmore will be the 2nd cornerback taken after Claiborne.

#40 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Gilmore will be the 2nd cornerback taken after Claiborne.

Completely disagree. I think, even with all of the negative things that have happened to him, Dre Kirkpatrick is still the second CB off the board. The Cowboys have already expressed loads of interest in him.

#41 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

I like Turman and getting him in the 2nd seem like where he is riseing to. 6'2 CB don't come around often which we need with all these 6'3 and up wr. Plus he's know as a sure tackler. I think he come in and starts. It's not like capt is good.