• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

He was learning a new position at UNC--new technique and a new coach--that is your motor concern. He dominated at the isenior bowl.

Our Pass rush is a problem because we do not get push from the DTs. Hardy and Keiser would be great pass rushers with inside pressure. Imagine a third and long with Johnson and Coples at DT? 4 pass rushers coming at you.
ff
Since i expect the addition of Edwards to improve our run defense, along with better run stopping and pass rushing from McClain and Shirley, I see Coples being the only DL we add. I see us taking a CB or LB in the second round

#32 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

About his arms (brands). Guys, nobody is as asking you to date him. Funny how arm brands are an issue for some but marijauna busts and multuple illegitimate children are OK. Only a man could have willingly done that--no pus. Not what I would d o, but I am not as concerned about physical appearances as some are.

#33 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

those omega horseshoe things on his arms look disgusting like a dog took a poo on his shoulder. God they're so gross.

#34 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

he would be a fine pick though. I think we need DEs more than DTs.

#35 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Worst ring worm I have ever seen.

#36 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

I think picking Coples would be a mistake. That said, RR/Hurney/et. al. have way more info than I do so I generally trust them to pick the right guy.

#37 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Butch Davis was great at recruiting, poo at coaching. Look how much NFL talent UNC has put out over the last 5 years or so, kind of remarkable, unfortunately they just can't put it to use when they're still in school.

I don't think any of them have amounted to much.

#38 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

If the media is saying Coples, it probably won't be then. Outside of Cam, when was the last time we selected anyone in the first round that any reporter said we would?

2011: Everybody knew Cam was the pick by the time the draft came around, that was a no-brainer.
2010: No Pick
2009: No Pick
2008: Picked Jonathon Stewart, everybody said to pick Ryan Clady or Chris Williams. (Also traded back in to get Otah)
2007: Picked Jon Beason, everybody said Greg Olsen or Brandon Merriweather
2006: Picked DeAngelo Williams, everybody said Lendale White
2005: Picked Thomas Davis, everybody said Derrick Thomas

And so on and so on.

#39 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I would be ecstatic with Coples if he makes it to the 9 spot. Motivational problems won't be there under RR's watch. He's not going to let a top pick underachieve like our last coach let our last star DE underachieve. Pass rush is the key to having an impact on defense. With Edwards coming back at DT, we should be slightly above average there. McClain/Fua have to get better (unless they are the :jc: of DTs...). Shirley, Neblett, Kearse. None are superstars, but we can get by with a steady DT rotation so long as Sweet Ron is healthy. Across from CJ at end, we have nothing. Hardy homers might hate me, but he's nothing special. Average against the pass, horrid against the run. Insert Coples and we have a DE tandem that can send Matt Ryan back to the test tube that he was conceived in. Hardy can help on passing downs. With a trio of CJ, Hardy and Coples, our pass rush would be damn scary. Add McClain developing as an interior rusher like he was drafted for and watch out. 2nd round pick can go to CB or FS.

Then we can all crack open the Strawberry Andre when Cam hoists that SB trophy above his head.

you can talk about his rush defense, but you apparently didn't register how good his pass rush ability was this year... as a 2nd year player.

#40 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• ALL-PRO
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust. no thank you. lazy, no work ethic, want no part of this guy.

#41 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Coples is probably the one player ,if available @9, who we can trade back with and pick up an extra 2 or 3. If they think a CB or DT will be there on the next 8-10 picks, I see this as a real possibility. The 2nd and 3rd round are full of starters for the Panthers.

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Coples at 9....CB in 2nd....DT with the other 2nd rd pick we get by trading Stewart.

#43 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

IRL those brands are massive

#44 Krucid

Krucid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

I don't understand why people care about the brands. What does it matter? If he becomes a premier end and can help us get to the final dance i don't give a poo what's on his arms.

#45 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,210 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

I don't understand why people care about the brands. What does it matter? If he becomes a premier end and can help us get to the final dance i don't give a poo what's on his arms.

He will scare the kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com