#46 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

I think he is the odds on favorite for our pick at 9. Rivera has says he wants a pass rush and Coples would provide one if not this year then next. I don't think he is the best option for us but what do I know. It is Rivera's team and he has to live with the results of his choices. So I am fine with whoever he picks. Just because I opt for other picks doesn't mean he isn't right in the end. We won't know that until a few years down the road.

#47 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

As far as brands, this is how they usually look.

Mark Anderson

Posted Image

Coples' brands just came out ugly! I'm a part of the same fraternity and have the same arm brands

Topic-wise, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of draft Coples..

#48 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

I know Coples is the 'stud' of the pack & kind of a consensus to most draftniks, BUT...how often do guys who have given up in tough times AND have a history of poor work ethic succeed in the NFL. Buyer beware. I would rather a high character guy who has had exceptional production in college, but who may not be as 'naturally' gifted.

#49 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Wouldn't mind us getting Coples. Doubt he falls to us

#50 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,047 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Draft Coples or else....

#51 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I know Coples is the 'stud' of the pack & kind of a consensus to most draftniks, BUT...how often do guys who have given up in tough times AND have a history of poor work ethic succeed in the NFL. Buyer beware. I would rather a high character guy who has had exceptional production in college, but who may not be as 'naturally' gifted.

^this

#52 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,648 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Put him in a Panthers' no. 90 jersey and who do he look like? I Dno, you tell me.

Someone who have amazing adobe skills, will you get me a pic of that.

#53 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

just to let you guys know besides QB, 4-3 DE is one of the most valued and impactful positions and definitely the 2nd most expensive position to pay for an elite one so picking Coples makes sense

#54 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

If the media is saying Coples, it probably won't be then. Outside of Cam, when was the last time we selected anyone in the first round that any reporter said we would?

2011: Everybody knew Cam was the pick by the time the draft came around, that was a no-brainer.
2010: No Pick
2009: No Pick
2008: Picked Jonathon Stewart, everybody said to pick Ryan Clady or Chris Williams. (Also traded back in to get Otah)
2007: Picked Jon Beason, everybody said Greg Olsen or Brandon Merriweather
2006: Picked DeAngelo Williams, everybody said Lendale White
2005: Picked Thomas Davis, everybody said Derrick Thomas

And so on and so on.

um, well for one it's kind of hard to pick a player that somebody already picked to begin with. other than that I remember in 2007 Jon Beason was mocked to us in PFW magazine, and it was honestly a shocker that DeAngelo Williams was still there at 27 in 2006, and if New England picked him over Maroney we might have ended up with White.

#55 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

just to let you guys know besides QB, 4-3 DE is one of the most valued and impactful positions and definitely the 2nd most expensive position to pay for an elite one so picking Coples makes sense

That is what people do not realize. Every person in the draft is a crap shoot. Look back on drafts in the past--Coples-type DEs come around once a year, once every two years. All have upside, and his is higher than anyone not named Luck or Griffin III.

Of course, it doesn't matter what we say--If he is on the board, RR grabs him.

#56 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Spitting image. ;)

Posted Image

#57 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Peppers is 10x the player Coples ever was or will be.

And I'm not a big Peppers fan either.

#58 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,516 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

if he is there at 9 i find it hard to not pick him.

#59 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

He was learning a new position at UNC--new technique and a new coach--that is your motor concern. He dominated at the isenior bowl.

Our Pass rush is a problem because we do not get push from the DTs. Hardy and Keiser would be great pass rushers with inside pressure. Imagine a third and long with Johnson and Coples at DT? 4 pass rushers coming at you.
ff
Since i expect the addition of Edwards to improve our run defense, along with better run stopping and pass rushing from McClain and Shirley, I see Coples being the only DL we add. I see us taking a CB or LB in the second round

In his interview on NFL he stated his inconstant play was due to changing coaches and positions

#60 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

the work ethic and character complaints are over blown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.