• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Should be a fun year next season. We'll know by 4-10 who's staying or going. A nice foundation class coming in with a really nice pg in Marcus Paige, a huge center in Joel James 6'10 280lbs, a highlight reel in JP Tokoto, and a sleeper pf in Brice Johnson. Nerlens Noel, the #1 rated player in 2012 had scheduled a visit to UNC but then eliminated the Heels having never visited? Something not adding up there but I think him and Shabazz are locks for UK. Leslie and Dex come back healthy and if JMM stays were in good shape. If Marshall, Henson, or Barnes come back then its icing.

2013 class is looking nasty with Isaiah Hicks and Nate Britt both top 15 already committed.

#2 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Should be a fun year next season. We'll know by 4-10 who's staying or going. A nice foundation class coming in with a really nice pg in Marcus Paige, a huge center in Joel James 6'10 280lbs, a highlight reel in JP Tokoto, and a sleeper pf in Brice Johnson. Nerlens Noel, the #1 rated player in 2012 had scheduled a visit to UNC but then eliminated the Heels having never visited? Something not adding up there but I think him and Shabazz are locks for UK. Leslie and Dex come back healthy and if JMM stays were in good shape. If Marshall, Henson, or Barnes come back then its icing.

2013 class is looking nasty with Isaiah Hicks and Nate Britt both top 15 already committed.

I think we'll do pretty good next year.. I really wish roy could find the next wayne ellington.. we need a sharpshooter so bad.

#3 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Leslie was the best 3pt shooter before he was injured with a torn ACL. Reggie was finding his shot but didn't take many during the Kansas game. No one knows where in the blue hell PJ's shot went but I think I last saw it on the back of a milkcarton. Barnes shot was worse this year than last.

#4 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

You think Kendall could really go?

#5 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

It will definitely be interesting to see who stays. Nobody looks like a top 5 pick now, and I'm not even sure Barnes or Henson would go top 10 anymore. Everyone has something to gain coming back, though I have a feeling Henson goes pro

#6 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

after Harrison Barnes looking like absolute dog-crap I really wouldn't be surprised if he came back. Henson is iffy, but he may want to stay all four years with Dexter and Leslie, and Kendall can only help his draft stock by becoming the premier point guard in the nation next year. Then again it wouldn't surprise me if all saw injury as too big of a risk and left.

#7 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

You think Kendall could really go?

He would be insane not to. This draft is really weak in PG's and he would be the best one by default, likely getting him in the lottery. His strong late season surge plus the decline of his teammates without him only helps his stock. After seeing his pal Barnes stock plummet he has to realize you strike when the iron is hot. That said, I think there's a decent chance he comes back.

Henson and Barnes are definitely gone. Henson was the rare case of a guy helping himself by returning for his jr year, but Barnes made a big mistake by coming back last year. He won't make it again. McAdoo could probably go and be in the 1st half of the first round but I expect he will stay.

If KM and McAdoo stay and if they are able to get much from the freshman bigs, they will be good but not a title contender. If one of Bullock or Hairston is able to step it up and become what Barnes was supposed to be, that could push them into the top tier.

#8 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

He would be insane not to. This draft is really weak in PG's and he would be the best one by default, likely getting him in the lottery. His strong late season surge plus the decline of his teammates without him only helps his stock. After seeing his pal Barnes stock plummet he has to realize you strike when the iron is hot. That said, I think there's a decent chance he comes back.

Henson and Barnes are definitely gone. Henson was the rare case of a guy helping himself by returning for his jr year, but Barnes made a big mistake by coming back last year. He won't make it again. McAdoo could probably go and be in the 1st half of the first round but I expect he will stay.

If KM and McAdoo stay and if they are able to get much from the freshman bigs, they will be good but not a title contender. If one of Bullock or Hairston is able to step it up and become what Barnes was supposed to be, that could push them into the top tier.

I'm expecting Bullock, Hairston, and McDonald to be decent for us next year. If Marshall and JMM come back with a good big I really like us in the late season next year.

#9 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Unfortunately, as a duke fan even, I don't see Duke or UNC at the top of the ACC next year. NC State will likely be the best team in the ACC next year, and FSU possibly right behind them. UNC is likely losing 4 starters, and while you have solid guys coming in, and pretty good players to fill the holes, I think it will be a struggle. Duke is a mess right now IMO. Rivers gone, honestly not that mad about it, if Mason goes pro it will be bad news. We have no real PG unless Quinn Cook figures it out in the offseason, no scoring threat inside, and some of the streakiest shooters I have ever seen(looking at you Curry and Dawkins). And with only 1 Recruit coming in, albeit a decent one, it could be a long year for us Duke fans. But, I could be wrong on both counts...I thought Duke was going to be much worse than they actually were this year, seeing as we lost 55 PPG from last season(Singler/Kyrie/Smith).

Edit: I have also read that JMM might think about making the move to the pro's, he impressed a lot of people while playing in Henson's stead. Might try to strike while the iron is hot. Unlikely, but it is something to think about. Wouldn't be the strangest jump ever, a la Corey Magette and Marvin Williams.

#10 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Henson has improved all 3yrs here. He now has a nice jumper and can go to the rim with either hand. Problem with him is he isn't big enough to play inside and his range isn't good enough to be a sf. His family doesn't need the money and he loves college so I could see him returning.

Barnes hurt himself by staying this year. Sad but true. He has been exposed. He can't dribble, can't beat anyone in college off the dribble, slow 1st step, poor lateral movement, and a streaky shooter. All that said he would still be a lottery pick this year. He has NBA sf size and has shown glimpses of what he could do. Lord knows the NBA loves potential. I think his problems are more mental than anything. I'd love for him to return and prove everyone wrong and become the guy everyone thought he'd be but he risks dropping further if he does come back and doesn't improve.

Marshall is an elite passer already and has a great basketball IQ. His shot improved a ton at the end of the season and he had NBA size. His weakness is he isn't that quick or fast. He'll have big problems guarding pg's in the NBA. I could see him going no later than mid 1st round. I think he will return though.

JMM came on strong at the end of the season and the skies the limit with him. He has an NBA body already, a nice jumper, and is quick with good foot speed. I think he could be a lottery pick with solid workouts but I think he'll return.

#11 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Unfortunately, as a duke fan even, I don't see Duke or UNC at the top of the ACC next year. NC State will likely be the best team in the ACC next year, and FSU possibly right behind them. UNC is likely losing 4 starters, and while you have solid guys coming in, and pretty good players to fill the holes, I think it will be a struggle. Duke is a mess right now IMO. Rivers gone, honestly not that mad about it, if Mason goes pro it will be bad news. We have no real PG unless Quinn Cook figures it out in the offseason, no scoring threat inside, and some of the streakiest shooters I have ever seen(looking at you Curry and Dawkins). And with only 1 Recruit coming in, albeit a decent one, it could be a long year for us Duke fans. But, I could be wrong on both counts...I thought Duke was going to be much worse than they actually were this year, seeing as we lost 55 PPG from last season(Singler/Kyrie/Smith).

Edit: I have also read that JMM might think about making the move to the pro's, he impressed a lot of people while playing in Henson's stead. Might try to strike while the iron is hot. Unlikely, but it is something to think about. Wouldn't be the strangest jump ever, a la Corey Magette and Marvin Williams.

Isn't Duke still in the running for center Tony Parker and pf Amile Jefferson? If they land those 2 then Duke suddenly looks a lot better. However, with Davis, MKG, and Jones leaving UK, I think Noel, Shabazz, and maybe those 2 Dook targets end up at UK.
Rinse and repeat with UK. Calipari can recruit and is a great motivator. I think he wins his 1st title this year and maybe he'll leave for the NBA again. He sure has a Golden Goose at UK though.

#12 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

Isn't Duke still in the running for center Tony Parker and pf Amile Jefferson? If they land those 2 then Duke suddenly looks a lot better. However, with Davis, MKG, and Jones leaving UK, I think Noel, Shabazz, and maybe those 2 Dook targets end up at UK.
Rinse and repeat with UK. Calipari can recruit and is a great motivator. I think he wins his 1st title this year and maybe he'll leave for the NBA again. He sure has a Golden Goose at UK though.

Not really. Amile Jefferson is a possibility, but Tony Parker is almost assuredly not coming to Duke. He apparently has some blog and after the Lehigh game, said something to the the effect of, "Why would a top ranked big man want to go Duke, if all they are going to do is shoot 3's?" I have been saying this for the last 5 years, why would a talented big man come to a school where your "Big Man Coach" is 5'11"(Wojo)? Shabbaz Muhammed was botched from the start due to the fact that K didn't handle the recruit himself, he sent Collins and someone else I think. But as for Amile Jefferson going to Kentucky, I don't think it will happen. Everything I have heard about him is that it is down to Duke and NC State.

#13 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

Wojo should have went straight to hollywood if you ask me.

#14 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Wojo should have went straight to hollywood if you ask me.

Looks like Rashad McCants already did.

“As we first exclusively reported here, former NBA player Rashad McCants has a new web series he’s producing, where he plays a bisexual, cross dressing leader of a high end shop lifting ring! The Booster Club!"

#15 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,756 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

lol, wut McCants??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.