Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanderlai

Looking Forward To Next Years Heels

161 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, as a duke fan even, I don't see Duke or UNC at the top of the ACC next year. NC State will likely be the best team in the ACC next year, and FSU possibly right behind them. UNC is likely losing 4 starters, and while you have solid guys coming in, and pretty good players to fill the holes, I think it will be a struggle. Duke is a mess right now IMO. Rivers gone, honestly not that mad about it, if Mason goes pro it will be bad news. We have no real PG unless Quinn Cook figures it out in the offseason, no scoring threat inside, and some of the streakiest shooters I have ever seen(looking at you Curry and Dawkins). And with only 1 Recruit coming in, albeit a decent one, it could be a long year for us Duke fans. But, I could be wrong on both counts...I thought Duke was going to be much worse than they actually were this year, seeing as we lost 55 PPG from last season(Singler/Kyrie/Smith).

Edit: I have also read that JMM might think about making the move to the pro's, he impressed a lot of people while playing in Henson's stead. Might try to strike while the iron is hot. Unlikely, but it is something to think about. Wouldn't be the strangest jump ever, a la Corey Magette and Marvin Williams.

Isn't Duke still in the running for center Tony Parker and pf Amile Jefferson? If they land those 2 then Duke suddenly looks a lot better. However, with Davis, MKG, and Jones leaving UK, I think Noel, Shabazz, and maybe those 2 Dook targets end up at UK.

Rinse and repeat with UK. Calipari can recruit and is a great motivator. I think he wins his 1st title this year and maybe he'll leave for the NBA again. He sure has a Golden Goose at UK though.

Isn't Duke still in the running for center Tony Parker and pf Amile Jefferson? If they land those 2 then Duke suddenly looks a lot better. However, with Davis, MKG, and Jones leaving UK, I think Noel, Shabazz, and maybe those 2 Dook targets end up at UK.

Rinse and repeat with UK. Calipari can recruit and is a great motivator. I think he wins his 1st title this year and maybe he'll leave for the NBA again. He sure has a Golden Goose at UK though.

Not really. Amile Jefferson is a possibility, but Tony Parker is almost assuredly not coming to Duke. He apparently has some blog and after the Lehigh game, said something to the the effect of, "Why would a top ranked big man want to go Duke, if all they are going to do is shoot 3's?" I have been saying this for the last 5 years, why would a talented big man come to a school where your "Big Man Coach" is 5'11"(Wojo)? Shabbaz Muhammed was botched from the start due to the fact that K didn't handle the recruit himself, he sent Collins and someone else I think. But as for Amile Jefferson going to Kentucky, I don't think it will happen. Everything I have heard about him is that it is down to Duke and NC State.

wojo.jpg

Wojo should have went straight to hollywood if you ask me.

Wojo should have went straight to hollywood if you ask me.

Looks like Rashad McCants already did.

“As we first exclusively reported here, former NBA player Rashad McCants has a new web series he’s producing, where he plays a bisexual, cross dressing leader of a high end shop lifting ring! The Booster Club!"

lol, wut McCants??

If JMM goes in the draft, he's likely to be the first UNC player selected. He'd be in the top 3 for sure, he's got the most pro potential of anyone on the UNC roster and that's what the NBA draft is based off of, potential.

So I highly doubt that JMM comes back, same with Marshall, Henson and Barnes.

Bazz, Parker, and Jefferson are all still in play for Duke. I think Bazz goes to UCLA or Duke, Jefferson is down to State or Duke, and Parker who knows. I am not a fan of Parker, I know coach K has put in a lot of time with the kid but I wasn't real impressed when I saw him play. Duke also have the two redshirts from this past year in Marshall Plumlee, and Alex Murphy Duke also had Trey Zeigler on campus this past weekend and it's looking more likely he will transfer in and be able to play next season.

This is just my 2 cents but I think Henson, Barnes, and Marshall are all gone with a strong possibility of JMM being out as well. With Henson and Marshall it's the Kyrie Irving effect, you get injured and realize you are a lottery pick and you go and make your money. Marshall's stock also rocketed by not playing since you could see how much he meant to that team. I also believe that Marshall made Henson, Barnes, McAdoo, and Zeller better and vice versa. If Barnes and Henson follow Zeller to the NBA I believe it will hurt Marshall next year and his stock could fall. JMM is the interesting one and is probably the best out of the 4 and with the way he played down the stretch and if he sees himself as a lottery pick he could bolt too.

Doesnt matter who goes, UNC has a stacked team in 2013.

Doesnt matter who goes, UNC has a stacked team in 2013.

It's not more stacked then this years team and how can you make that assumption without knowing who goes pro this year or next?