Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanderlai

Looking Forward To Next Years Heels

161 posts in this topic

Looks like UNC is looking at Alex Oriakhi from UConn. I'm sure its contingent on Henson leaving. He would be a great pickup to hold down the middle. He can play right away since the Huskies are banned from the postseason.

Also in play for Duke if Mason leaves but I would take Mason over Oriakhi as I would assume you would take Henson over him as well.

As per - Josh Goodson ‏ @joshwgoodson

Rivers on next year "We have a good recruiting class and possibly even better if Shabazz were to come to #Duke and they have a transfer"

This is probably Trey Zeigler but I am not 100%.

RT @JoshParcell Through the admins of the Inside Carolina message board, Kendall Marshall, Harrison Barnes and John Henson all plan to enter NBA Draft.

can't say I'm surprised.. although I did expect Marshall might have to come back one more year.. guess not.

Have I ever once said anything about Jason Kidd coming out of college? No. His game compares to Kidd's game for the past 6-7 years, not when he first came out of school.

It still doesn't. They don't play alike. It's a bad comparison, deal with it.

It still doesn't. They don't play alike. It's a bad comparison, deal with it.

Well its clear someone doesn't watch a lot of basketball.

Kidd is a terrible comparison for Marshall. A young kidd was an ELITE athlete letting him be an elite defender and rebounder for his position. The only similarities they have is they are tall and great passers. KM is good and if he declares will probably be the best PG in the class but he is nowhere near Kidds level, and that's not a knock on Kendall. He just doesn't have anywhere near the physical talent Kidd did.

Kidd is actually a very good comparison to Marshall, although Kidd was a better athlete. Kidd averaged more points but he also took more shots, their fg%and 3point fg% were almost the same, assists per game were comparable with an edge to Marshall, but Marshall's assists/turnover ratio blew Kidds out of the water. They are both pass first point guards that are the same height and weight so I would say it was a good comparison.

Yeah looks like all 3 are leaving and JMM is going home to talk about leaving with his family. I don't think Barnes, Henson, or Marshall will have any impact on the next level. Marshall may have the biggest impact if he gets on a good offensive team. JMM could be the best but its based on potential. JMM doesn't want to play the 5 so Oriakhi coming in may get him to stay. I understand that you need to leave when your NBA stock is at its highest to get that guaranteed money. Marshall I think can improve his stock if he'd come back. Henson had improved all 3 years so another year would only increase his simplest but I think injuries this season have scared him. Barnes leaves on a downward spiral. He wanted so bad to leave a legacy...sad that its a bad one.

I don't think Marshall's stock will get any higher than it is now. He will likely be the best PG in the draft, had an outstanding season and was beginning to figure out ways to score. Although I don't think that scoring would have continued, scouts could see that as a glimpse of the future. Those things coupled with the fact that UNC's offense struggled greatly with him out, shows his impact on and ability to run a team.

Oh does your boy wojo have one of these that I dont know about?

ncaa-ring.jpg

Pretty jewelry for a guy who aspires to be a cross dressing bisexual.

PS: If you are going to make a point at least post the right picture.

This is the 05 UNC championship ring.

100_14921127157743.jpg

The top pic is the final four ring. The one you posted is the actual championship ring.

lol. Kendall tweeted..."rumors, rumors, rumors..."

I like him the best of the 4 possible losses.