• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#136 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hairston isn't as good as Barnes...but I think he can put up similar numbers. Barnes wasn't what I thought he'd be...and where did I get these thoughts? Well from him, mostly. Yeah the media hyped him up too, but Barnes wasn't shying away from it. If Barnes had kept his mouth shut about brands and just played, I seriously doubt most people that are dissing him now, would have. Hansbrough was probably the best player we've had (IMO) in the past 20 years...and he never talked about himself, or hyped himself...ever. And yes I know the past 20 years has some good players (Carter, Jamison, Lawson, etc), but Hansbrough was a better college player than any of them.

I am just curious why you think that? Barnes averaged 17ppg and 5rpg, which are pretty good numbers and I just don't see an overweight jump shooter putting up those kinds of numbers. Hairston averaged 6ppg and 2rpg and shot 27% from 3, could see him putting up numbers like Bullock but not Barnes.

As far as the Barnes hype I agree he did bring some of it on himself but he did have a the best season for a heel since Hansbrough.

#137 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Good ole Roy probably reported back that JMM wasn't gonna go very high, just like he did with Barnes. He told Barnes that he was likely going to be picked in the 5-7 range, which everyone and their mother knows is moronic. Probably told JMM that he was gonna go after the lottery which is also highly unlikely. But whatever, I guess you do what you gotta do to keep your program from the NIT, even if it is at the expense of a kids future.

lol what? You think barnes is going top 5? You think Roy actually tries to convince guys to stay, even after he told guys like Brandon Wright to go pro?

Your post reeks of ignorance

#138 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

lol what? You think barnes is going top 5? You think Roy actually tries to convince guys to stay, even after he told guys like Brandon Wright to go pro?

He would have went 3rd last year but Roy told him he was in the 5-11 range is what Chad Ford of ESPN.com reported on April 1st 2011.

#139 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

yeah these dookies on here aren't very smart. But that's a common theme w/ duke fans. They are poor, uneducated white trash who think pulling for a white collar yankee school some how elevates their social standing or intelligence.

Just look at the two duke fans on here talking the most ignorant shi1t. They live in Rock Hill, SC and fuging Concord! LOL!!!!

I'd be curious if they have college degrees.

#140 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I am just curious why you think that? Barnes averaged 17ppg and 5rpg, which are pretty good numbers and I just don't see an overweight jump shooter putting up those kinds of numbers. Hairston averaged 6ppg and 2rpg and shot 27% from 3, could see him putting up numbers like Bullock but not Barnes.

As far as the Barnes hype I agree he did bring some of it on himself but he did have a the best season for a heel since Hansbrough.

Well for starters...college players generally make the biggest jump from freshmen to sophomore years. Hairston strikes me as the type of player that has to play a lot to get in the flow of the game. He's a rhythm shooter and he can't get into a rhythm if he's not on the floor much. Hairston's size (weight mostly) will help him grab rebounds. Roy tends to send the wings to the boards which is why Carolina generally outrebounds other teams. We'll see, but I expect a marked improvement in Hairstons' game with more playing time.

#141 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

yeah these dookies on here aren't very smart. But that's a common theme w/ duke fans. They are poor, uneducated white trash who think pulling for a white collar yankee school some how elevates their social standing or intelligence.

Just look at the two duke fans on here talking the most ignorant shi1t. They live in Rock Hill, SC and fuging Concord! LOL!!!!

I'd be curious if they have college degrees.

You are right, I completely sound like uneducated white trash. I have given you facts and articles from writers at ESPN to back up what I have posted and you have given us nothing factual. Maybe your little brain doesn't function like normal peoples's and you think just because you say it that it is true, well that is not how it works. I would like you to point out what I have said that is ignorant, but I think you would be hard pressed to do so.

What's your fascination with calling people poor, and white trash? I do have a degree in Econ and my wife went to chapel hill so I know a lot more then you do about this school you pull for because I know for a fact you didn't go there.

#142 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well for starters...college players generally make the biggest jump from freshmen to sophomore years. Hairston strikes me as the type of player that has to play a lot to get in the flow of the game. He's a rhythm shooter and he can't get into a rhythm if he's not on the floor much. Hairston's size (weight mostly) will help him grab rebounds. Roy tends to send the wings to the boards which is why Carolina generally outrebounds other teams. We'll see, but I expect a marked improvement in Hairstons' game with more playing time.

That would be a hell of a jump, I just have more confidence in Bullock. He is taller and not as fat, he also has a better shot but who knows. I just don't see it in Hairston but I could be wrong.

#143 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

See, now I never saw him as overweight... He looked pretty built up, but I never thought he looked fat... I'll give him one thing though, for sure........ Kid can jump out of the gym, and crashes the boards as hard as anyone I saw on the team... He just couldn't throw it in a black hole if he was standing on the edge of it...

I do agree with Stan, though, that I EXPECT significant improvement out of him... Not sure I expect him to put up Barnes' numbers, but I do anticipate marked improvement... Similar to what Bullock was able to do this season...

#144 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

See, now I never saw him as overweight... He looked pretty built up, but I never thought he looked fat... I'll give him one thing though, for sure........ Kid can jump out of the gym, and crashes the boards as hard as anyone I saw on the team... He just couldn't throw it in a black hole if he was standing on the edge of it...

I do agree with Stan, though, that I EXPECT significant improvement out of him... Not sure I expect him to put up Barnes' numbers, but I do anticipate marked improvement... Similar to what Bullock was able to do this season...

I was never really impressed with his jumping ability, but Barnes on the other hand had some nasty dunks.

I agree with the statement that his improvement will be similar to Bullock's. There should be improvement but it's not normally a 10 to 12 points per game improvement in one year.

#145 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

#146 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=witIXX8TLcY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLj3BKN0qiQ

Really, that's what you have? You do know he is 6'6" and that was a put back over AR who is 6'4". I never said he couldn't dunk, hell the guy's 6'6". Try again.

#147 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Really, that's what you have? You do know he is 6'6" and that was a put back over AR who is 6'4". I never said he couldn't dunk, hell the guy's 6'6". Try again.

Barnes hasnt had many better than that and he is 6'9. But since he left you just want to overestimate everything about him. Barnes was a good shooter with great size but was average at everything else.

#148 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Oriahki going to Missouri for his final year...that hurts no doubt. James or Hubert to start at center now.

#149 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,109 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

I expect Hairston to get his shot back and be a very solid defender.. kid has a great vertical but he needs to own his game and start playing hard.

he has incredible potential, but I haven't seen the light switch on.....

#150 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I expect Hairston to get his shot back and be a very solid defender.. kid has a great vertical but he needs to own his game and start playing hard.

he has incredible potential, but I haven't seen the light switch on.....

he just needs steady minutes. I still think he will be a star at Carolina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.