160 replies to this topic

#16 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,560 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

If JMM goes in the draft, he's likely to be the first UNC player selected. He'd be in the top 3 for sure, he's got the most pro potential of anyone on the UNC roster and that's what the NBA draft is based off of, potential.

So I highly doubt that JMM comes back, same with Marshall, Henson and Barnes.

#17 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Isn't Duke still in the running for center Tony Parker and pf Amile Jefferson? If they land those 2 then Duke suddenly looks a lot better. However, with Davis, MKG, and Jones leaving UK, I think Noel, Shabazz, and maybe those 2 Dook targets end up at UK.
Rinse and repeat with UK. Calipari can recruit and is a great motivator. I think he wins his 1st title this year and maybe he'll leave for the NBA again. He sure has a Golden Goose at UK though.

Bazz, Parker, and Jefferson are all still in play for Duke. I think Bazz goes to UCLA or Duke, Jefferson is down to State or Duke, and Parker who knows. I am not a fan of Parker, I know coach K has put in a lot of time with the kid but I wasn't real impressed when I saw him play. Duke also have the two redshirts from this past year in Marshall Plumlee, and Alex Murphy Duke also had Trey Zeigler on campus this past weekend and it's looking more likely he will transfer in and be able to play next season.

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

This is just my 2 cents but I think Henson, Barnes, and Marshall are all gone with a strong possibility of JMM being out as well. With Henson and Marshall it's the Kyrie Irving effect, you get injured and realize you are a lottery pick and you go and make your money. Marshall's stock also rocketed by not playing since you could see how much he meant to that team. I also believe that Marshall made Henson, Barnes, McAdoo, and Zeller better and vice versa. If Barnes and Henson follow Zeller to the NBA I believe it will hurt Marshall next year and his stock could fall. JMM is the interesting one and is probably the best out of the 4 and with the way he played down the stretch and if he sees himself as a lottery pick he could bolt too.

#19 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Doesnt matter who goes, UNC has a stacked team in 2013.

#20 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Doesnt matter who goes, UNC has a stacked team in 2013.

It's not more stacked then this years team and how can you make that assumption without knowing who goes pro this year or next?

#21 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

It's not more stacked then this years team and how can you make that assumption without knowing who goes pro this year or next?

Nobody cares about you, dook, or your opinion. This is a thread about the 2013 Heels.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

I wouldn't be

Marshall - Gone
JMM- Gone
Barnes - lol
Zellar - Gone

rebuilding year

#23 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

NIT again

#24 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

I have a feeling State fans aren't going to be happy with the number of UNC players returning.

And the NIT is only happening if Paige turns out to be Larry Drew III, Roy's teams are just fine if he gets good PG play

#25 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

I think Kendall Marshall will go higher than a lot of you expect. His game bears striking similarities to Jason Kidd's. Not a huge threat but can knock down a 3 when wide open, great passer and high BB IQ. If he just worked on his defense to be as good of an on ball defender as Kidd, I think he could be a really good PG in the NBA for a long time. Couple that with the lack of quality PG's in the draft this year, his stock rising after seeing how poor UNC looked without him, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him picked top 8. Portland at 4 is a possibility, but most likely Toronto, Sacremento and Utah would be tough to pass on him. The ideal fit for him would be the Kings IMO, they already have 3 guys averaging 17+ PPG, thats with Tyreke Evans playing the point(only averaging 4.7 assist per game, team leader). If they had Marshall they could move Tyreke to the 2(where they ultimately want to play him if im not mistake), trade Thorton for a solid scoring 3, and all of a sudden your team is much more dangerous.

Edit: Just noticed Marshall and Kidd are both 6'4" PG's. Coincidence....I think not...

#26 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm more excited about Paige then I am of Tokoto. But overall, if Barnes/Henson/Marshall/JMM ALL go we are in for a rough ride next year.

#27 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Nobody cares about you, dook, or your opinion. This is a thread about the 2013 Heels.

Then with all your widsom enlighten me on this 2013 heels team that is "stacked".

#28 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

LOL Kidd was by far and away the best player on his team. Quick, name one of his college teammates??? Marchell is like 4th at best on his team. Kidd is an NBA hall of famer. Marshell could be a solid backup somewhere.

#29 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

LOL Kidd was by far and away the best player on his team. Quick, name one of his college teammates??? Marchell is like 4th at best on his team. Kidd is an NBA hall of famer. Marshell could be a solid backup somewhere.

You do realize I am a die hard Duke fan right? Not some irrational homer. Compare their game tape, they are almost exactly the same player. Heady PG's that aren't all that athletic but run a team superbly.

#30 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

You do realize I am a die hard Duke fan right? Not some irrational homer. Compare their game tape, they are almost exactly the same player. Heady PG's that aren't all that athletic but run a team superbly.

I agree, his vision is amazing and he is not very quick but he is very strong up top which is how he can get by his defenders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com