• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#46 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

I think Kendall Marshall will go higher than a lot of you expect. His game bears striking similarities to Jason Kidd's. Not a huge threat but can knock down a 3 when wide open, great passer and high BB IQ. If he just worked on his defense to be as good of an on ball defender as Kidd,
Edit: Just noticed Marshall and Kidd are both 6'4" PG's. Coincidence....I think not...

Kidd is a terrible comparison for Marshall. A young kidd was an ELITE athlete letting him be an elite defender and rebounder for his position. The only similarities they have is they are tall and great passers. KM is good and if he declares will probably be the best PG in the class but he is nowhere near Kidds level, and that's not a knock on Kendall. He just doesn't have anywhere near the physical talent Kidd did.

#47 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Have I ever once said anything about Jason Kidd coming out of college? No. His game compares to Kidd's game for the past 6-7 years, not when he first came out of school.

#48 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

JMM has an NBA body, NBA game, His potential is second to only Anthony Davis in this upcoming draft. So no, I'm not overvaluing his draft stock. It was considered really high before this season started and is now back to those levels with his play in the last part of the NCAA season. If he leaves, because of his skill set and size, he's a top 3 pick. I'll guarantee that.

I have a hard time believing that an NBA team would pass on MKG or Thomas Robinson for a guy who averaged 6 and 4 this year and isnt a great shot blocker. That would be unprecedented.

#49 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

I think Kendall Marshall feels like he has unfinished business and defensively he would get killed in the NBA, Barnes... there's no way he's a lottery pick, he has a lot of work to do, Henson, maybe but injuries shows he needs to bulk up and JMM probably is the one that is NBA ready. If we keep those 2 look out...

But the thing with Marshall is I don't know if his stock would ever get any higher then it is now, especially if 80% of the scoring and 90% of the rebounding heads to the NBA. I think Marshall is a very good player but I also think that Zeller, Henson, and Barnes made him look a little better then he actually is. I mean the 2 games Stillman White started in the tourney he averaged almost 7 assists per game. I guess the question for Marshall is does he want to start over with only one proven big down low and that is if JMM stays or does he strike while the iron is hot and get paid.

I have to disagree on Henson and his injuries, they had nothing to do with him needing to bulk up. I also think that will be the deciding factor that puts him into the NBA this year because he realizes that an injury could effect his career.

#50 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Looks like UNC is looking at Alex Oriakhi from UConn. I'm sure its contingent on Henson leaving. He would be a great pickup to hold down the middle. He can play right away since the Huskies are banned from the postseason.

#51 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Looks like UNC is looking at Alex Oriakhi from UConn. I'm sure its contingent on Henson leaving. He would be a great pickup to hold down the middle. He can play right away since the Huskies are banned from the postseason.

Also in play for Duke if Mason leaves but I would take Mason over Oriakhi as I would assume you would take Henson over him as well.

As per - Josh Goodson ‏ @joshwgoodson

Rivers on next year "We have a good recruiting class and possibly even better if Shabazz were to come to #Duke and they have a transfer"

This is probably Trey Zeigler but I am not 100%.

#52 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

RT @JoshParcell Through the admins of the Inside Carolina message board, Kendall Marshall, Harrison Barnes and John Henson all plan to enter NBA Draft.

#53 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

can't say I'm surprised.. although I did expect Marshall might have to come back one more year.. guess not.

#54 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Have I ever once said anything about Jason Kidd coming out of college? No. His game compares to Kidd's game for the past 6-7 years, not when he first came out of school.

It still doesn't. They don't play alike. It's a bad comparison, deal with it.

#55 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

It still doesn't. They don't play alike. It's a bad comparison, deal with it.

Well its clear someone doesn't watch a lot of basketball.

#56 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Kidd is a terrible comparison for Marshall. A young kidd was an ELITE athlete letting him be an elite defender and rebounder for his position. The only similarities they have is they are tall and great passers. KM is good and if he declares will probably be the best PG in the class but he is nowhere near Kidds level, and that's not a knock on Kendall. He just doesn't have anywhere near the physical talent Kidd did.

Kidd is actually a very good comparison to Marshall, although Kidd was a better athlete. Kidd averaged more points but he also took more shots, their fg%and 3point fg% were almost the same, assists per game were comparable with an edge to Marshall, but Marshall's assists/turnover ratio blew Kidds out of the water. They are both pass first point guards that are the same height and weight so I would say it was a good comparison.

#57 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yeah looks like all 3 are leaving and JMM is going home to talk about leaving with his family. I don't think Barnes, Henson, or Marshall will have any impact on the next level. Marshall may have the biggest impact if he gets on a good offensive team. JMM could be the best but its based on potential. JMM doesn't want to play the 5 so Oriakhi coming in may get him to stay. I understand that you need to leave when your NBA stock is at its highest to get that guaranteed money. Marshall I think can improve his stock if he'd come back. Henson had improved all 3 years so another year would only increase his simplest but I think injuries this season have scared him. Barnes leaves on a downward spiral. He wanted so bad to leave a legacy...sad that its a bad one.

#58 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

I don't think Marshall's stock will get any higher than it is now. He will likely be the best PG in the draft, had an outstanding season and was beginning to figure out ways to score. Although I don't think that scoring would have continued, scouts could see that as a glimpse of the future. Those things coupled with the fact that UNC's offense struggled greatly with him out, shows his impact on and ability to run a team.

#59 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Oh does your boy wojo have one of these that I dont know about?

Posted Image

Pretty jewelry for a guy who aspires to be a cross dressing bisexual.

PS: If you are going to make a point at least post the right picture.

This is the 05 UNC championship ring.

Posted Image

The top pic is the final four ring. The one you posted is the actual championship ring.

#60 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

lol. Kendall tweeted..."rumors, rumors, rumors..."

I like him the best of the 4 possible losses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com