• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#106 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Facts are facts my friend if someone takes it as an insult that is their problem. If you can't spell or use correct sentence structure I am going to let you know so you can fix it and not sound like an idiot. If you find that classless then so be it but their is a big difference between calling someone a derogatory name and pointing out they could stand to work on their grammar a little more.

Pot calling the kettle black?

#107 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Back to looking forward to next year....

#108 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

:)

Talk about your teabags... damn!

#109 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Nice hyperbole thread.

In any case, with JMM likely gone also...I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for next year's team. It'll be a rebuilding year for sure. I think we'll make the NCAA's but I don't see us winning the ACC or ACC tourney. Paige, Tokoto, James, and the other kid I forget are good players but they aren't going to replace what's leaving. Paige I think might be the best of the bunch from what I've seen, but he's a freshman and I NEVER trust freshmen PG's...unless they are elite talents like Irving, Wall, etc. He's a step below those guys at least.

Hope I'm wrong but next year could get rough.

#110 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Careful not to throw stones in glass houses...

Touché. I posted from my iPhone but that is still no excuse for not proof reading a post.

#111 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

If JMM leaves I doubt Oriahki comes. The Heels in that case would be guard oriented and lord knows the guards we have can't shoot. Bullock came on strong at the end and Leslie is the best shooter. I thought PJ was going to be a great shooter but that didn't happen. Of the 3- 5 star players left, none are considering UNC now. That could be Carolina's doing and not dealing with handlers.

I'll say as much as I dislike Kentucky, if I was a UK fan I'd be thrilled. On a talent basis, every year they reload and not with low 5 star players but 5 star players who are ranked #1 at their position. Calipari is a hell of a recruiter, motivator, and now coach. Unless he leaves for the NBA again, and I don't know why he would, UK is a titan.

#112 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

JMM is staying for another year. Great news. He should be a force next year. Now, Roy needs to get Oriakhi for next year and the Heels will be ready to roll. Next years team, barring injuries, will be a deeper team than this years.

Strickland, Paige
Bullock, Leslie
PJ, Tokoto, Simmons
JMM, Johnson, Hubert
Oriahki, James

Marshall will be missed more than anyone but that's the way it is. I still think PJ can become a bigger threat than Barnes ever was. Henson had progressed a lot but JMM is ready to shine. Zellers production will be hard to replace but I'll be happy to see some dunks instead of hook shots from the center position. Oriahki
may not come to UNC and go with another school but I think he will come to UNC now that JMM is returning. If JMM left then I don't think Oriahki comes.

#113 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

JMM is staying for another year. Great news. He should be a force next year. Now, Roy needs to get Oriakhi for next year and the Heels will be ready to roll. Next years team, barring injuries, will be a deeper team than this years.

Strickland, Paige
Bullock, Leslie
PJ, Tokoto, Simmons
JMM, Johnson, Hubert
Oriahki, James

Marshall will be missed more than anyone but that's the way it is. I still think PJ can become a bigger threat than Barnes ever was. Henson had progressed a lot but JMM is ready to shine. Zellers production will be hard to replace but I'll be happy to see some dunks instead of hook shots from the center position. Oriahki
may not come to UNC and go with another school but I think he will come to UNC now that JMM is returning. If JMM left then I don't think Oriahki comes.

Deeper yes but way less talented. Somehow Roy pulled it again and got a top pick to stick around, hopefully for JMM's sake it doesn't turnout like Barnes and he loses a lot of money.

PJ Hairston better then Barnes? Come on man Barnes averaged 17ppg, 5rpg, and shot 44% from the field, those are some pretty damn good numbers. Yes replacing the Acc player of the year, Zeller, will be tough along with the Acc leader in assists.

#114 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

JMM stock won't drop since he is a 4. Barnes didn't improve any. I wish he had but he didn't. His handle is horrible and has a bad first step. Barnes had a lot going on in his head. PJ can average those numbers and will get a chance to do so. The guy has a ton of talent.

#115 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

JMM stock won't drop since he is a 4. Barnes didn't improve any. I wish he had but he didn't. His handle is horrible and has a bad first step. Barnes had a lot going on in his head. PJ can average those numbers and will get a chance to do so. The guy has a ton of talent.

What does being a 4 have to do with your stock not dropping? Barnes improved in every category from his freshman to sophomore year and was 1st team all Acc. Hairston is an overweight spot up 3 point shooter that shot 27% from 3 this past season and to say he would be anything close to Barnes is insane. Barnes handle is bad but the guy is an athlete that can finish at the rim and has a great jumpshot so why so many unc fans vilify him is beyond me. As a Duke fan he was the one guy that scared me because he could take over a game.

#116 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

I still dont think Mcadoo would have been drafted in the lottery. He had maybe 5 good games this year and looked mediocre even for a backup. He's not a center, teams just dont draft PFs that are that ineffective in the lottery.

It was a good decision to come back, we will learn a lot more about his game this season

#117 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Strickland, Paige
Bullock, Leslie
PJ, Tokoto, Simmons
JMM, Johnson, Hubert
Oriahki, James

At least pick Bullock, he's taller and not as fat as PJ plus he shot 38% from 3 and not 27%.

#118 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

What does being a 4 have to do with your stock not dropping? Barnes improved in every category from his freshman to sophomore year and was 1st team all Acc. Hairston is an overweight spot up 3 point shooter that shot 27% from 3 this past season and to say he would be anything close to Barnes is insane. Barnes handle is bad but the guy is an athlete that can finish at the rim and has a great jumpshot so why so many unc fans vilify him is beyond me. As a Duke fan he was the one guy that scared me because he could take over a game.

Barnes may have improved in every category, but for all the hype he was a disappointment overall. I can easily see PJ Hairston put up similar numbers as Barnes...or Bullock for that matter which may be who replaces him. Barnes could take over a game, but never did...except for maybe a couple of games his freshman year.

It's great that JMM is returning, but I still see a lot of work to do. Marshall will be missed most, by a mile. Zeller will be the second player we will miss most. Out of everybody I thought that Barnes' production would be the easiest to replace, and I still think that.

#119 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Good ole Roy probably reported back that JMM wasn't gonna go very high, just like he did with Barnes. He told Barnes that he was likely going to be picked in the 5-7 range, which everyone and their mother knows is moronic. Probably told JMM that he was gonna go after the lottery which is also highly unlikely. But whatever, I guess you do what you gotta do to keep your program from the NIT, even if it is at the expense of a kids future.

#120 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Since he's a 4 his game should be inside, which it is, and he can develop more post moves. A 4 doesnt need a great handle but JMM dribble skills are very good...much better than Barnes. He will get a ton a touches and minutes this upcoming season so his points and rebounds will go way up. So no his stock wont drop. Barnes being a 3 showed by coming back that he cant dribble, has a slow 1st step, streaky shooter at best, and got the ball knocked away or finished weak at the rim way to much. Im not hating on Barnes, its just the truth. His game showed alot of concerns for him wanting to be a succesful NBA 3.

PJ looks to have a swagger about him. Granted his shot was off this season but his mechanics are perfect. He has size, and can drive the ball. He just needs more minutes. Now, he very well could be Will Graves 1.5 but I dont think he is. Bullock could very well be the best player on the team this upcoming year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.