#17 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,691 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

i love that he's down in florida working with weinke again. combine that with a full season of mini-camps, OTAs and training camp and he should come into the season looking phenomenal.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,875 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

Love dat dude!!

#19 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

To much Homo in this thread for me.......Haha

#20 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Props to the coaching staff for taking the training wheels off the bike.

#21 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,872 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

The main takeaway I get from this is that Cam is extremely hard on himself, and takes failure in any form as a personal affront, but is grateful for the opportunity regardless. The fact that he can openly talk about how difficult he found training camp and the coaches' workload, yet can still thank them and hold them in high regard says a lot about his character and work ethic. He doesn't blame the coaches for making him look bad by allowing him to attempt things he wasn't prepared to do, and understands it was a necessary part of his enormous NFL learning curve. That is an incredibly good sign: the abilty to be enormously self-motivated and yet retain a willingness to learn.

#22 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Its scary for others and exciting for us to know that his rookie season was natural ability imagine a year 3 Killa Cam :))

Cam reminds me of Durant doesn't really get that much hype compared to a Lebron (The Golden Calf of Bristol) but many people feel like he really is the best young player in the NBA. And see's him being the face of the league very soon.

#23 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Cam looks like he put on a few pounds of muscle this offseason.
I thought he was tough enough to tackle, good luck now.

#24 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

for those that want a recap...

cam basically said the whole verbage of calling plays was the first big hurdle he had to get through.....at auburn a play could be "3, 36" whereas he is calling out "sentences/paragraphs in the huddle" now.

also said that the coaches pushed him to not rely on a wristband and trusted him to make the adjustments he needed to make without being lazy or cutting corners.

Talked about his temper tantrums to the coaches i believe out of frustration in all of this and they were able to reign him in and get him focused, and ultimately more motivated.

at the end, just touched on how many more things he has to be aware of now in the NFL compared to college (what is that safety doing, is he showing blitz, why is that CB lined up against that guy? , etc)

all being said, i was a true skeptic when we drafted him but I love the poo out of him now.

#25 ChefAdam

ChefAdam

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

The rest of the NFL should be scared.....he has the physical tools, the mentality of it, and doesnt let his emotins get the best of him......

And we have the coaching staff that is going to push him to be the GOAT

#26 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Time to get the defense up to his level

#27 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Well Cam, I think now you can see why Jemarcus Russel and VY failed in the NFL. It takes hard work and dedication, and is as much of a mental game as it is physical. They couldn't handle it, you could.

So only Jamarcus Russel and Vince Young failed in the NFL for lack of hardwork? What was the excuse for the other QBs who flamed out.

Why is it assumed that Cam would be anything like Jamarcus and VY. FYI, We are not all the same. I thought that was proven a long time ago. SMDH.

#28 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

So only Jamarcus Russel and Vince Young failed in the NFL for lack of hardwork? What was the excuse for the other QBs who flamed out.

Why is it assumed that Cam would be anything like Jamarcus and VY. FYI, We are not all the same. I thought that was proven a long time ago. SMDH.

Posted Image

#29 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

No reason to get sensitive. Cam is the one that brought up Jamarcus and Vince last season. He then went on to say he hopes RG3 is "the next Cam" instead of the next Jamarcus. Cam brought up race not because he's racist but because he understands how the world is.

#30 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I never said they were the only ones to fail because of work ethic. I simply made the comparison because predraft those were the main two quarterbacks Cam was being compared to. They do have much in common: being black, effective ballcarriers, some mechanical issues, incredible arm strength/athleticism, dominant college careers, etc.

Lets be honest here, the thing that separates Cam from these two is he truly desires to be (hell almost NEEDS to be) one of the greats and is willing to do whatever it takes to be that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.